• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Instant help please

Corigames

Smash Hero
I have a tournament coming up on the 20th that I am running. My non-smash playing friend is going to be my teammate. We already decided that I'm going to be carrying the team, but I at least want him to know what he's doing.

He played the game in the past, but not competitively. I've tried to teach him some basics, but I don't think he contains the capacity to learn a whole lot. The only thing I've been told so far is to help him learn to recover better, and that's it. I tried to teach him WDing, but he can't seem to use it in a fight too well. I frequently uses the Luigi rocket, and I've told him to stop that. And I told him that his Dair is a pretty good move if he needs something to spam in the face of danger.

I could spend hours searching through all of the Luigi data (which he might end up doing if I can get him hooked on tournametn play), but I think that would defeat the purpose since late Wednesday and Thursday is the only time available to help him get to his feet. I'm not looking for a way to make him Godly over a couple of days, just a few words of advice from Luigi pros such as yourselves. What should he do to survive?

I'll make sure he comes here if he decides to proceed further. Thank you.

Ace83

Smash Journeyman
I dunno maybe this will help him:

Spam n-air when getting combo'd or juggled.

The f-air has better priority than the d-air, just doesn't quite pack the punch. luigi's n-air and f-air out-prioritize almost any move in the game, make sure he knows that and can time the f-air "fair"ly well.

Maybe briefly explain DI (by this i mean, hey if you see that guy in tights coming at you with his knee out, hit up!), and when to save your jump vs using it immediately to recover.

Shielding and shield grabbing... uhhh

Tell him to make friends with CC'd d/u-smash :chuckle:

Top Bottom