• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Instant Float Help...

Dr. Science

Smash Apprentice
I need help on making sure I Float close to the ground for my fcaerials... However I have a bad habit of rolling my controlstick from down to a direction I want to go effectively cancelling out my float movement and sending me to the ground...

Any tips on fast movement after floating

So far the biggest problem is the interval inbetween standing->floating. I want my float to come out quicker but there is a little startup lag doing it directly from thte ground....

Any suggestions? :confused:

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I fc by holding down and then pressing X. Move by holding control stick. You don't really want to start fc'ing too far from your opponents like I used to do. It's easily predictable and punishable.

To have a almost no starting up lag fc I hold down + X and then I move the control stick and press a for any attack I want to do.

How are you cancelling your float movement? I've never had that problem.

Dr. Science

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I do the same thing just before I float I have the tendecy to roll my finger in the direction I want to go and it makes me fall instead of floating, it falls right after the float.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Try to crouch and then press X. That's the lowest fc you can do. Otherwise you have to press and hold x and then press down whenever you want to activate the floating action. Then you use the control stick. I guess you're just not holding the x button.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Seems like your fingers slip off alot. All you have to do is Hold down and X or Y. thats it. Best go in training mode to pratice it. its really easy. You can also Crounch. then Just press X or Y and hold the button and she will float on ground level

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Seems like your fingers slip off alot. All you have to do is Hold down and X or Y. thats it. Best go in training mode to pratice it. its really easy. You can also Crounch. then Just press X or Y and hold the button and she will float on ground level
I agree with dark peach i think you just hav to get the hang of doing it its not that hard when you get used to it. just go in practice mode and start practicing

Top Bottom