• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Instant float aerials by holding the attack button?

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
I'm not sure if this is a commonly known tech or not, but if you hold the attack button before initiating a float, Peach will automatically attack as soon as the float activates. Usually with Dair, since you would most likely be pressing down to float low to the ground, though you can also Fair or Bair this way if your reflexes are fast enough. Nair/Uair can only really be done this way by full hopping unless I am missing something. Peach seems to be the only character than can really do this because of her unique floating mechanic.

So basically, it pretty much serves as a buffer you can control to make her Dair/Fair/Bair come out at the fastest frame possible with 100% accuracy, which I feel as though would serve some use for competitive play. Nothing incredibly groundbreaking, but a tech is a tech I guess. *shrugs*

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
Hate to bump a really old thread like this but I don't think my observation is worth a whole new thread lol. Plus this post serves as context

Anyway I remember trying this on the 3DS version way back, and it worked as described in the OP. However I think in patch 1.0.5 they changed it somehow. Now when you try to attempt this you will instead always and only do a nair, no matter what direction you're holding. I think this is actually more useful than it was before because you can now do frame-perfect groundfloat (or any height) nairs really easily. Try it out~

As for the Wii U version, it still works as how @ ItsRainingGravy ItsRainingGravy describes above... I really wonder if the two versions will ever be the exact same?! Maybe the patch coming next week will answer that... Also hoping for Peach buffs in some form o3o

EDIT: Aaaand in 1.0.6, they actually reverted it to how it was before 1.0.5 and now matches the Wii U version once more. Phooey!

Last edited:
Top Bottom