• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Instant DJC'd upairs

quak

Smash Champion
I was wondering if anyone else does instant DJC'd upairs to link combos together, cause i know it's doable, but i don't know if it's reliable enough to actually perfect.

Well?:p

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
Woops, forgot to log out of my brother's account >_>

It's great if you can place them directly above your body. I actually started using it myself whenever I got the opportunity. Too bad that wasn't too often >_> Anyways, go for it if you can master it. It's not all that hard to do anyways. Your best bet is to use it against fast fallers or mid weight(characters like Sheik's weight/fall speed) since they usually don't get sent too far off to string a combo. Maybe you can even pull off a flashy SBCC grab after the instant DJC U-Air?

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Perfect DJC uairs don't get out the tail AT ALL.
I honestly think shorthopping it is more efficient...?

quak

Smash Champion
well, the idea is that you get enough height to get the uair out, but still DJC it so it's faster than the uair

for now im sticking to shffl'ing with the uair, it may change, probably won't though.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
I do the djc Up Air a lot. It takes slightly longer, but the sweetspot stays out there for a much longer time. It works well especially for when you're underneath platforms. It's also good against those with bad air-to-ground.

As for combos, I've done it sometimes. Hard to follow and needs some bad DI for it to work though.

PDRK

Smash Rookie
My reaction quick enough to DJC is not great yet, especially to link them to a combo. I could handle a variety of mewtwo's little mindgames easily but I'm still having trouble with my DJC no matter how much I paractice. When I try to combo into a DJC my wrist tends to freeze up causing my thumb to react slowly to the X button. Either I'm screwed or I need lots more practice.

quak

Smash Champion
instant DJC's are similar to wavedashing in a sense

at first it seems really choppy, but when you practice and really get that technique down, it's just subconsciously done.

well, for me anyway

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Idk, I like YYZ because it spreads the 3 buttons onto 2 fingers for more manageability for me. And I always jumped with Y, so it's more of a personal preference.

quak

Smash Champion
yeah i just hit xxaL, all the buttons are right there, and first i hit x, i kinda sweep my thumb from x to a. Then L cancel of course

I love the instant DJC for the fair and the bair, not so much the uair anymore

quak

Smash Champion
hmmm, that at first sounded like sarcasm, but now thinking about it you could hit all the buttons necessary to DJC without double tapping any, therefore hittine em all in one motion.

hmmmmmmmmm........

well i already got the xxal down, so there's no reason to switch, but for ppl learning, check that out

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Yes, I remember talking with a guy named _glook about that. He called it the "circle" motion.
and I do YYZL. Not ZZ xD seizure ftw

Top Bottom