• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Instant De-synching? Looking at Nana's 6 frame delay

Snare

Smash Lord
This has been going through my head a few times, have you noticed that after an attack if you immeadity input say ^b or squal that the IC's are desynched? obviously this helps none at all since both popo and nana are still doing the same useless thing just 6 frames apart.

Something odd happened though when i was messing around. During the u-tilt animation, i tried inputting a sh to nair, then tried to input a blizzard. Nana nair'd while popo did his blizzard and i just started to do desynch blizzards out of instinct. Another time i was respawning and inputted a bair before the platform came all the way down and fastfalled. Only nana did the bair.

I have a basic understanding of the 6 frame delay with nana though so bare with me. If you input a d-tilt with popo on frame 1, nana does her d-tilt 6 frames later. I think that the game actually stores the d-tilt input for nana so that nana actually does not recieve any data for 6 frames, even when you try and buffer an attack, it still keeps the same 6 frame delay. The only exceptions would be a synched ^b, squal or a standing blizzard, since each of these nana responds immeaditly, usually with a set animation, and probably circumventalates the 6 frame delay in some way.

So take respawning. Since the animation coming down from the platform is set, I don't think any buffering can take place. So what if you input, say an ib while you were 3 frames away from getting out of the set animation, then input a fastfall 3 frames later so you could get to the ground faster. That ib that you inputted still would be stored in the game, and fed too nana 6 frames later, so the frames would look something like this. (- is one frame)

- Input ib
-
-
- Set respawn animation is done, and you input a fastfall, popo starts to fastfall, as a result the platform dissapears and nana starts to fall.
-
-
- Nana recieves the ib input, and, well, ibs
-
-
- Nana starts too fastfall

looking at the frame delay this way, ive been trying to find out a way too buffer an attack for nana to instantly de-synch from any attack, but i always get stuck on one thing. If you input a blizzard for popo, then try and buffer an attack just outside of when you can do it, nana will mimic the same thing 6 frames later, and can not buffer the the second attack.

obviously either my logic for the 6 frame delay is wrong or nana's buffering system is different than popo's, because there have been multiple times i've seen an attack inputted with only nana responding.

Any ideas on how to abuse the 6 frame delay for an instant desynch?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Pressing an attack button while the climbers are synched will result in both of them doing the attack on the same frame. There is no 6 frame delay on attacks.

The 6 frame delay is on movement with the control stick and coming out of stun I believe as well as when move actually connect(which doesn't really make sense)

Top Bottom