• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Install on Mac

samharre11

Smash Rookie
I can not get project M to launch. I have wii and I have never hacked it or would even know how. This is the first time i have even used an SD card on it. I downloaded the hackless zip file on my mac. Copied it over to the SD card. ejected it properly and plugged it into the wii. I then turned it on and went to stage builder and it detects a sd card but nothing launches. I had already deleted all the maps. I dont know what i am doing wrong. Can anyone help me?

ilysm

sleepy
Did you copy the .zip file itself over to the SD card, or did you extract the contents and then put those individual folders into the SD card? If you only copied the .zip, then the game won't be able to get to the files it needs to read for Project M to run.

samharre11

Smash Rookie
Did you copy the .zip file itself over to the SD card, or did you extract the contents and then put those individual folders into the SD card? If you only copied the .zip, then the game won't be able to get to the files it needs to read for Project M to run.
I extracted the file first and then copied the new folder over.

Do you know what format the Sd card needs to be on the mac?

Last edited:

ilysm

sleepy
You need to take all of the separate folders out of the extracted folder, then put those into the SD card. If that doesn't work, the format you're looking for is MS-DOS FAT.

choco1245

Smash Rookie
it gets stuck on the loading screen and it says "No valid ELF image detect, retriying, sd card not found(-2) usb Gecko not found no code founf to load hanging

jam3s007

Smash Cadet
I had the same issue my first attempt at getting the mod to launch. I deleted all of the extra stages but nothing happened when I backed out of the level editor and tried to start the editor again to launch the mod. Quitting out of the game completely and going to the Wii main menu seemed to do the trick. Make sure all extra stages are deleted and then restart brawl. After you open the level editor this time, the project m launcher should start up.

Top Bottom