• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inputs for DJC PKF?

Pazukunous

Smash Rookie
My current setups/custom controls are just default except I set Y to Taunt/Footstool. I usually do DJC aerials from pressing X -> tapjump -> cstick and I'm currently experimenting with whats the best way to do an aerial without canceling the momentum from my second jump (as you must hold down a jump input to not stop your momentum with an aerial).

Main question is though, how do most of you do a DJC PKF? Because as of now I just sh and time a pkf which isn't really fast enough. If I try doing my method of DJC aerials it messes up because I either do it too fast and the pkf doesnt come OR, since I use the analog for my second jump, I don't cancel the jump because its an awkward, time-consuming movement to go from up to a desired left/right on the analog stick.

20PK

Smash Apprentice
A lot of people just double tap X or Y, but I find this timing pretty awkward and so opt for Y as my first and L as my second jump. I also use Y/L method for DJC nair but Y tap jump up C stick every other aerial. I think this control scheme is pretty optimum and recommend trying it out to see if it suits you, but leaves me with no convenient footstool button since I set X to shield and wavedash via Y/X (I can WD normally of course too but I just way prefer this method).

Last edited:

nimigoha

Smash Ace
Use Z jump. :GCZ: + :GCU: is the best way to DJC because it leaves your right thumb free to use :GCCN: :GCB: or :GCA:

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
Use Z jump. :GCZ: + :GCU: is the best way to DJC because it leaves your right thumb free to use :GCCN: :GCB: or :GCA:
Or just double tap Z like I do :)

==

Y Taunt/Footstool isn't that optimal with Lucas IMO. If footstools could still be mashed I would say go ahead and keep Y, but if you're committing to a footstool / know you're gonna get it, use L or R (whichever you don't use for shield & wavedash)

Most people double tap Y then slide to B or some combination of L/R/Z and tap jump which is weird to me.

Try playing around with switching your shoulder button with Y controls

nimigoha

Smash Ace
Or just double tap Z like I do :)

==

Y Taunt/Footstool isn't that optimal with Lucas IMO. If footstools could still be mashed I would say go ahead and keep Y, but if you're committing to a footstool / know you're gonna get it, use L or R (whichever you don't use for shield & wavedash)

Most people double tap Y then slide to B or some combination of L/R/Z and tap jump which is weird to me.

Try playing around with switching your shoulder button with Y controls
But if you jump with Z and use another trigger for Shield, the remaining trigger should be Attack for DACUS.

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
Yeah so either Z jump & L/R attack OR what I was saying in the last part, Y jump, L/R footstool, Z still to grab for DACUS (just don't mess up ;p)

Top Bottom