• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inputs feel really weird?

Kurodyne

where did i put my keys
NNID
KuroSensation
Basically, I've been playing a lot of Sm4sh and going back to Project M feels really odd.
A lot of my inputs don't feel like they're going through, and my C-stick feels almost entirely useless sometimes. Is this the game just having tighter controls or is something going wrong?
I don't have the best copy of Brawl in the world (I had to reboot the launcher about 7 times before I got it to start up) so if that's related then I'll just get a new copy.

MaxThunder

PM Support
i'm pretty sure smash 4 has some frames of buffer like brawl had, so yeah PM has tighter controls...
and i dunno about smash 4, but in brawl/PM you have to let the c-stick go back to neutral position before the game will recognize a new input from it...

HalcyonDays

Smash Apprentice
i'm pretty sure smash 4 has some frames of buffer like brawl had, so yeah PM has tighter controls...
and i dunno about smash 4, but in brawl/PM you have to let the c-stick go back to neutral position before the game will recognize a new input from it...
Yeah, from someone who switches between PM and Sm4sh frequently, I tend to get thrown off by just how many frames you have to input a buffer in Sm4sh. It's almost too much, and tend to throw me off at times.

As far as the Sm4sh C-stick goes...
The way it is, the game cannot register multiple presses with the c-stick one after the other, you have to literally let the c-stick stay in neutral after a second or so after an input before it registers more inputs. It's honestly really weird.

MaxThunder

PM Support
I kinda just tap the c-stick, anyways, so i'm not really affected by that... control stick not moving you in the air when you're doing an aerial with the c-stick set to smash in smash 4 really throws me off, though...

Effay

Smash Lord
Switch FC
0527-9775-5784
I've had this problem before too, when I first started Project M. Project M definitely has it's own feel to it. I know exactly what you mean though, with the C-Stick problems and all. I don't know what it is. Wavedashes feel pretty different as well.

Top Bottom