• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inhale Stagespike?

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I only recently picked up Dedede, go easy on me :)

I was edgeguarding a Zamus and I stood at the edge of the stage and started inhaling. Zamus was coming from below, and my inhale pulled her toward the edge and stagespiked her. o_O
I believe it was on Battlefield. I haven't been able to do it again vs anyone since then.

Anyone know about this? Is there a way to do this on purpose or was it just a random fluke? Or at least is a way to make it more likely to happen...

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
That's interesting.. I've never seen it before, but I guess that's my own fault for only using Inhale to go up a stock with a Swallowcide.

D

Deleted member

Yea cryostasis has done that to me while i was ECEing with yoshi(drop from the ledge and egg and regrab the edge fyi) and i was like WTF. It looks pretty cool too.

EdSam

Smash Cadet
Cool, I gotta try this

And on another note: 56K your signature is amaaaazzing

whut?

Smash Journeyman
Ive done this against a samus player, i have a replay if anyone wants to see, its really interesting.
after watching the replay over i saw samus tried doing a ledgehopped aerial(fAir)
but instead she hit the edge and died from it. I still dunno why she couldnt recover though.
Im going to mess around with this more..if it can be controlled it can rule the galaxy.

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
56k, your sig IS highly awesome as stated, where did you get it? o_o

I shall play with it, along with the other aspects that are in the grey area for Dedede.

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
i have done this before also...

smashville

against fox

i inhaled and pulled fox into the side of smashville while he was charging firefox it stoped firefox and sent him straight down...

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
yeah, it is possible to do it due to the larger range of D3's swallow's influence. But honestly, if they are under the stage, a drop down bair is probably better, but if you work on it you may find a way to use it to mess people up when they recover. just can't thinl of how right now.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I think I have a better idea... It just spawned into my head, like a random Gordo...

How about instead of the ol' edgeguard Inhale... We Inhale someone WHILE ON THE STAGE, then we just jump off and spit them into the lip.

Bear in mind that this is just a thought, but, theoretically, it should be a guarenteed stage spike.

Top Bottom