• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

infinite grabs

shonuf

Smash Cadet
any tips on doing infinite grabs,
i really need them :urg:

i can do the chain grabs fine

shonuf

Smash Cadet
well it seems that i can practice all i want, but when it comes time for me to actually use it
i cant do it

aznxk3vi17

Smash Cadet
Then you need more practice.

Personally, I can't, but that doesn't mean my Dedede can't be a force to be reckoned with. Keep practicing, but don't let it bother you so much.

Waddle

Smash Ace
It's all about practicing like he said, probably against real people so you can get used to it. Once you know it, it's super duper easy.

shonuf

Smash Cadet
is there like something you wait for visually on-screen to do it

or is it just about mental timing?

tsukino

Smash Rookie
Just like what everyone says, just keep practicing. Start off with Bowser or Donkey Kong then go to Mario or Samus. Eventually you'll get the muscle reflex.

Barbeque

Smash Journeyman
Whats infinite grabbing? Is it just chaingrabbing on a wall, or is it something else?

Also, is it legal in tournaments (couldn't you just counterpick shadow moses and infinite grab till there dead)?

Waddle

Smash Ace
I take it he was talking about infinites against Bowser/Samus/Mario/Luigi/DK since you dont need a wall for these and because the wall infinite doesnt even require practice, it's just easy as hell. What I usually do (my style is rather nubish since I dont even time it) is Dthrow and right when DDD slams them with his arse, I hit Z twice and I usually grab again and mostly dont mess up.

kvyn

Smash Rookie
Well practice does make perfect, but I'll give you some tips on how I infinite grab.

For DK and Bowser, there is an early thread on how to easily chain grab them. To do it, you grab them and then do a down throw. While the down throw animation is going on hold forward. When D3 starts to move forward, then grab again and repeat.

For the other characters you can do the following. I practiced on Samus first.
First, grab Samus and then do the down throw. When you see the smoke come out come out when D3 stomps double tap 'z' (or whatever button you have mapped to grab) and you should grab again. then rinse and repeat.

Use this prinicple to infinite grab the others although the timing maybe slightly different. But if you can chain grab samus then the others should come easier.

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
ive mastered it, i can now pull off about 10-15 of em in a row.
kvyn already revealed it, PRESS Z, but dont press it too hard or hold it down, then youll bring up a shield.
you can just keep mashing z if you dont have the timing down, but once you practice you can time it perfect....

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
theres really no practice needed whatsoever, just doubletap grab (easier if you map it to something other than Z) right when dedede stomps them (with slight variation for the different characters) and thats all there is to it, other than having to mix in jabs on some of them cause of move decay. Now here's something new on this discussion. Yesterday I played in a tournament using my dedede, and on one station they had set up, i can only deduce that there is either already a different version of brawl, or this guy's wii was modded in some strange way. The two key things i noticed was, using the infite against mario, it would act as if the move was completely stale from the first grab. No matter how many time i tried, even after killing myself to refresh it, you could not directly grab him again after the first downgrab. putting in a jab or two though, it would work, but you'd have to put in at least 1 jab inbetween every downthrow or it wouldnt work. One other thing that was strange on thise station was that, in case you didnt know, after pit has started his UP B, if he gets hit, he cant use it again and hes ****ed. Well, on this one, my friend used his UP B three times after getting hit each time, so either something was very wrong with this one particular copy of smash, or there's a new version out that had these two things changed. That's all fine and sweel for pit but it sucks for us Dedede's. =/ I'm just grateful I didn't lose that particular tourny match due to all the single downthrows expecting it to go into another. Although I lost later to a time camping toon link due to no sudden death rules >_>;

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
practice for one, and two get extra hits in if you can it makes it alot easier to see.

in practice mode slow it down and get used to watching the grab come out after you dthrow and mash the grab button like a 7 yearold playing vectorman and then just learn it.

i thought i couldn't do it, but in the last tournament i played in i was doing it to Boss's luigi in teams. it just came through for me. but its cause i practiced it and practiced it.

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
once you understand how to do it against dk and bowser

mario luigi and samus can all be infinited but with these characters you must take "move decay" into consideration

grab range decreases / damage decreases / etc etc

dont practice in training mode...use the standard brawl with unlimited time

training mode does not take move decay into account...

shonuf

Smash Cadet
thanks guys, i've got it now

for anyone needing tips on how i figured it out i took Kvyn and Waddle's advice about double tapping Z

i simply grab them, dthrow them and when D3 is about to hit the ground I double tap Z

works like a charm :)

Top Bottom