• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

InFamous/[Prototype] Comparison and Analysis.

Skrah

Smash Ace
Link to original post: [drupal=1357]InFamous/[Prototype] Comparison and Analysis.[/drupal]

Both being released this spring/summer. Both an action/sandbox. Both extremely awaited. Since these two games are so similar, yet in some ways very different, I'll take my time to compare them, so, if any of you is interested in buying one of them, both of them, or none at all, so you can be more informed in your decision.

Story
-Infamous: A massive explosion rips through six square blocks of Empire City, leveling everything and everyone in its path. At the center of the blast crater a lone man has survived the event and has been changed forever.
-[Prototype]: In Prototype, players take control of Alex Mercer – a dark, genetically mutated shape-shifter with no memory of his past, hell-bent on solving the mystery of his existence as he tears through a densely populated New York City moving with Parkour-style fluidity and consuming anything that gets in his way.

Game World
-InFamous: "Empire City". NYC based. Imagine GTA. Much like Assassin's Creed, you can explore every nook and cranny in this city.
-[Prototype]:NYC in chaos. GTA style.

Travel
-InFamous: Parkour and climbing skills at your disposition.
-[Prototype]: Super Parkour. Running up buildings, jumping several metres high, some sort of flight. Hijacking military vehicles, such as helicopters and tanks.

Combat
-Infamous: Electricity based super powers. Ranges from electric bolts to electric grenades. Gains more attacks as it goes.
-[Prototype]: Shape shifting attacks. Use of army vehicles. Stealth kills.

You decide
-InFamous: Are you a Hero or a Villain? The game has some short cutscenes where the protagonist speaks to himself about two options, one leading you to do good and one leading you to do bad. Depending on your actions the citizens react to you, and your superpowers develop differently.
-[Prototype]: You can decide whether to travel stealthily through the city or cause mayhem as you go.

Videos
-InFamous:
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/800/800208/vids_1.html
Must-Watch Videos:
"Karma Moments"
"Tunnel Battle"
"Power Ups"

-[Prototype]:
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/950/950253/vids_1.html
Must-Watch Videos:
"Top 10 Reasons you must have" (Amazing)
"Open World"

finalark

SNORLAX
Nice post. I have to say, they both have my interest. Although I think that Infamous is going to be more story-based while Prototype is going to be more game-play based.

Skrah

Smash Ace
Well I just read an article were it explains how the main character in Prototype is going to go about getting his memory back. When he kills someone with his bare hands, he not only retains certain skills, but if the person you killed is important to the story, you will retain their memories, so as you kill more important people, you retain more information to piece out your past. Pretty interesting.

Top Bottom