• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

industrialism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
So, my American studies had a debate about whether industrialism is 'correct' or not(lol), and i was witness for the defendant(industry). I played Rockefeller and my side totally *****

but anyway, here is a basic outline of what growing industrialization did to America in the late 1800's, early 1900's

Thousands of immigrants in tenant houses
Low wages
Carnegie & Rockefeller monopoly rapage

Main points

Plaintiff
-Millions of poor people in tenant houses
-Factories threw small craft smiths out of business
-The rich didn't know how the poor lived
-Rockefeller monopolized the oil industry

Defendant
-A few hundred craft smiths may lose a job in a city: Several thousands of people gain jobs
-Rockefeller created numerous charitable foundations
-Most of the poor were immigrants, uneducated, or ex-farmers. Most of the immigrants saw tenant housing as an improvement
-John Rockefeller actually reduced the prices of his products, the large reduction of which was probably kerosene. The large amount of new kerosene reduced the need for whaling
-Industry is EFFING good for teh economiez(that one got violent)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom