• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Increasing Laptop Memory and Replacing LCD Screen

NTA

Smash Lord
I'm planning to fix up this laptop soon. I need to buy 2 x 2gb for the ram and a new LCD screen for it. I plan to get a new HDD for it sometime next year. What do I need to know for buying this ram stuff and if there would be a program that would give me the extra info about it that I may need...

inferno

EnFuego
BRoomer
You can find out what kind of ram by looking up your laptop model on the manufacturer's website. It's also often displayed in the bios if you know how to get into that.(usually press an F key or del key to enter it after hitting the power button.)

You'll want to look at the type(ddr, ddr2, or ddr3). Chances are if you're upgrading to 4 gigs your laptop has DDR2. But double check anyway. You'll also want to look at the speed, (e.x. DDR2 533 MHz) You want the highest speed it supports. Although if you have for example, DDR2 533 MHz installed and you buy a DDR2 800 MHz stick, I believe it will only run at 533 MHz.

NTA

Smash Lord
I understand that. It was just what I saw there that confused me. The screen has only been broken once. That was the site I went to that mentioned taking something apart.

I found this in the online manual.

I believe this site has what I'm looking for concerning the LCD screen. http://www.screentekinc.com/acer__Aspire__4520_Series-series-laptops-lcd-screens.shtml

I was planning on getting this for the ram
http://www.screentekinc.com/acer__Aspire__4520_Series-series-laptops-lcd-screens.shtml

Top Bottom