• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

****in shiek

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
falco has a slight advantage, but a finely tuned sheik can **** a falco pretty bad.

and btw, speed isn't everything.

read the guide i posted :)

good luck guys

DemonicShadows

Smash Apprentice
Well, yeah, that's true. Considering you don't want to KO an opponent quickly...like me.

Sheik's attacks are really fast, and lethal with an Lcancel follow up (especially dair or fair). As with Falco, his attacks aren't nearly as fast, especially when taking a ground fight to Sheik.

That's just my opinion. My Sheik ***** Falcos, and my Fox ***** my own Falco.

KeepSpeedN

Smash Ace
sheiks is a pretty even match up against falco. my adivce with falco is up tilt every arial sheik comes down at u with( u will out prioritize her then u can start doing falco combos!!)- anoying!!. crouch her 2 if her spacing sucks. and spam lasers if they camp near the edge. that's about it.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
Spamming lasers? Hmm. I wouldn't of thought of that one. Nice.
I can't tell wether this was sarcastic or not:laugh:

Anyway, I'm assuming the Shiek you're fighting acualy has a concept of the game and knows what their doing. Best advice I can give is use your lasers. They eat through needles (finally, something that outprioritizes needles), so they prevent her from spamming you back. This is a huge advantage: it means that if, for whatever reason, you want Shiek to approach you, you can force her to.

Second, know how to pillar. Shiek is good at applying pressure once she has the momentum in a match, but the pressure she can apply is only a fraction of what you can apply. Knowing how to pillar will make her hesitate with her shield, or if you're lucky, she'll start to make predictable rolls out of your pillars. I've always loved Falco for beeing able to have total control of the match from almost anywhere. As a fastfaller, it's nice when you start applying pressure, since between your SHL, your fast shffls and the shine, Shiek will have some trouble getting out of a combo before you can apply some fantastic damage. On the other hand, losing momentum usualy means the same against you, since you're a fastfaller.

So like I said at the beginning, you need to be able to predict Shiek since you can't outrace her. Your utilt outprioritizes her from below, as KeepSpeedN already said, and your laser approach is fantastic against her (just as it is against any character, acualy). Know what she's about to do, know where and how you can outprioritize her, and know where and how she can outprioritize you.

Top Bottom