• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In response to the Gay Smashers topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son Reikon

Smash Rookie
Why the hell is that thread so freaking big. Are gay smashers really that big of a problem? I never knowingly fought a gay smash and nor do would I care if I did but I don't see any problem with them. I mean what exactly is the problem anyway. Human is human. If anything, sore losers and total *******es should be more of a complaint even though that is easily dealt with using your maturity. I just find it sad that the Gay Smashers topic is that size because it just shows how much fear and intolerance is even among video gamers, who are among the most misunderstood bunch around. Just recently, non-gamers are starting to doubt the likes of Jack Thompson and other anti-video gaming crusaders. I can say the same about the gay community, probably highly misunderstand even in today's lightning fast information and communication age. But history has shown that if we dehumanize others, it is easier to deal with them because we elevate ourselves in our minds. I think we should get pass this mindset because much more important issues are at hand and the future promises more things to deal with than we probably can ever imagine.

omfgomfg

Smash Lord
Your eyes happened to drift to my location, I see.
from what you have posted, i can see that you are opinionated. however, you should also note that the people who have posted in that thread probably had a reason to. do not criticize the topic. it is quite callous of you to make the statements that you have typed, and perhaps you should not have posted. so, i shall ask this question: why do you care about it?

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice
from what you have posted, i can see that you are opinionated. however, you should also note that the people who have posted in that thread probably had a reason to. do not criticize the topic. it is quite callous of you to make the statements that you have typed, and perhaps you should not have posted. so, i shall ask this question: why do you care about it?

..... I hope you were being sarcastic. His post was anything but callous. If anything, it was naive for thinking that homophobia wouldn't be widespread.

Just take a look around the character boards and the discussion of movesets. "Move X/Character X is gay" and "he/she gayed my recovery" are endemic.

I have to disagree that the thread is a cause for sadness. I merely think it's a nice place to discuss similar interests and experiences; a place of venting so to speak.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Why the hell is that thread so freaking big. Are gay smashers really that big of a problem? I never knowingly fought a gay smash and nor do would I care if I did but I don't see any problem with them. I mean what exactly is the problem anyway. Human is human. If anything, sore losers and total *******es should be more of a complaint even though that is easily dealt with using your maturity. I just find it sad that the Gay Smashers topic is that size because it just shows how much fear and intolerance is even among video gamers, who are among the most misunderstood bunch around. Just recently, non-gamers are starting to doubt the likes of Jack Thompson and other anti-video gaming crusaders. I can say the same about the gay community, probably highly misunderstand even in today's lightning fast information and communication age. But history has shown that if we dehumanize others, it is easier to deal with them because we elevate ourselves in our minds. I think we should get pass this mindset because much more important issues are at hand and the future promises more things to deal with than we probably can ever imagine.
If I'm reading your post right, you think that the gay smashers topic is there to discriminate against gays.

Protip: Read the thread. Believe it or not, gay gamers post there. Not hate filled fools.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
i hope you just misread the topic. that topic is for discussion amongst gay smashers and supportive of homosexuals.

Son Reikon

Smash Rookie
I guess that makes a lot more sense. Homophobia still that widespread huh? I haven't been living under a rock or anything but I guess some things don't change or change that easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom