• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In need of advice

RKOrulez

Smash Cadet
What is the best way to fight peach with young link? I ask because my cousin plays with her and I just can't seem to beat him. So i'm asking what is the best strategy to do when fighting a good peach player?

smasher_25

Smash Cadet
y link has pretty good hitboxs for his sword attacks and projectiles, so you can just use uairs and bombs.

MUGG

Smash Apprentice
Spamming the boomerang, too...
I'm playing a spamming Ylink that always runs away from the opponent xd

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Uair and Dairs will be your main killing moves. Use projectiles.

pockyD

Smash Legend
bombs bombs bombs

bair eats boomerangs and keeps hitting so don't use boomerang if she's too close to you (obviously)

MUGG

Smash Apprentice
Since the hitbox at YLinks Dair is below him Fair is also an good finisher i think.
Correct me if i'm wrong.

Chip.

you know what to do
Fair is decent, but it's laggy in terms of how fast the attack comes out. So it's a better idea to do Bomb Plant (the name of the combo, bomb->dair :)) since it can also kill faster and better.

DrunkenFury

Smash Rookie
Keep distance with projectiles then when the percent is decent go for the u-air and launch her through the roof.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
I'm kind of curious as why according to the matchup chart, Young Link counters Peach

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
I don't know for certain myself, but Young Link has always had a good combo of speed and range, so that can work good on Peach, and his projectiles can mess up her aerial game. But I wouldn't trust my opinion >_>

Bane

Smash Journeyman
Bombs>Turnips. That is your mantra. Spam until high% and then repeatedly n-air to face. However in doing so:
Keep you distance and be sure to interrupt her aerial onslaught.
Recover low, because if you come in level or above the stage, they'll hover out and bat you back.
Above all else, DO NOT DOWNSMASH. Though it's generally his best smash attack nine times out of ten if you go for a d-smash, unless they're suffering considerable lag, they'll see if coming and own you with their own d-smash, which can KO Ylink horizontally at ridiculously low percentages if caught unaware.

And yes, Bomb planting works well given the opportunity.

L33teHaxor

Smash Apprentice
Besides bomb planting and nairing to the face just remember NOT to crouch cancel peach's Dsmash because it can do 50 dmg in one hit. So just spam the rpojectiles but be smart about it.

Top Bottom