• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In memory of nes n00b and Eugenio - Interviews with XIF, Rayku, Fullmetal, & SleepyK

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Interviews with XIF, Rayku, and Fullmetal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C33pr5CGfo

Interview with SleepyK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4UGScluNCk

XIF, Rayku, FullMetal, and SleepyK share their memories of two beloved smash players who unfortunately passed away within this past year. I'm holding the camera (BBQ/Anthony)

Nes n00b (Ryan Roberts) was killed by a drunk driver in a car accident while he was driving home to visit his mother for Thanksgiving in 2009. Here is the news report: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An6CNpZeLgk
and here is the smashboards announcement/memorial thread: (to be found later)

Eugenio Medina (also known as Renegade Marth) was rumored to be on pain medication for his knee surgery, and due to the side effect of "suicidal thinking", he hung himself on the evening of August 15th, 2010 (please correct me if I'm wrong about this - I still don't know for sure).
Here is the smashboards announcement/memorial thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=284031

Ryan and Eugenio were both the nicest, funniest, and coolest people one could meet. They both brought so much joy to the world, and now the world will be a darker place without them. Rest in peace.

side note: these are just the unedited interviews. Within the next few weeks, I'll be making a really nice, 10 minute compilation video for Ryan and Eugene. I just wanted these videos to be seen as soon as possible.

Please know that Tipped Off 6 will be dedicated to the memory of Ryan Roberts and Eugenio Medina. We will have a memorial tournament for them and all proceeds will go to their respected mothers.

Gaming King

Smash Apprentice
Forgive me if me and my newness offend, me not knowing this Eugenio guy and all, but if he was having serious suicidal thoughts, why was he left alone in a situation in which he could take his own life? Shouldn't he have been in the hospital?

BBQ°

Smash Champion
He wasn't showing any unusual mood problems that weekend. It was just a really "out of the no where" thing. There was no suicide note or anything. That leads me to believe that Eugene wouldn't have normally done that if he wasn't on the pain medication.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
How does that kind of **** get past the FDA? I bet someone got their pockets stuffed for it.

I didn't know Eugenio, but that doesn't mean this can't make my blood boil.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
yeah man, I hear ya. But medication like that gets passed by the FDA all the time. They just have to state that "if suicidal thinking occurs, stop taking it immediately and see a doctor." But that's a load of bull **** especially since pain relievers don't let you think straight in the first place. It was just hardcore misfortune.

Gaming King

Smash Apprentice
Fu** yeah, anti-medication sentiment! I love you guys.

Seriously. With pain medication killing people left and right, imagine what the fu** sh*t like that God **** WH0RE VACCINE might do!

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Suicidal thoughts often come from when you're recovering from depression (note, not while in depression) and also, BBQ, when someone writes a note or gives obvious symptoms then that means mostly that they want to be saved rather than commit suicide. "Out of nowhere" is typical.

My condolences to the families of these fellow smashers. It's a shame that both deaths resulted from drugs.

Pi

Smash Hero
I think this is a proper time to remind everyone to take advantage of the friends and love ones you have near to you now. Show those close to you that you care about them, have fun with one another, resolve arguments, pay back debts, be open with each other, really cherish the time you spend here with your friends and the people you care about.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I never knew Eugenio, sadly. But from all the stories I've heard about him, he was a great guy. I had hoped to meet him at some point. It both saddens and angers me that TWO of the smashers I had high hopes to meet were taken before their time. One by the stupidity of another, and one by a drug prescribed to help him despite its suicidal side-effects.

If there's any way I could help in the making of this video, editing, clip mixing, etc, let me know, BBQ. I'll be more than happy to assist in any way I can.

I think this is a proper time to remind everyone to take advantage of the friends and love ones you have near to you now. Show those close to you that you care about them, have fun with one another, resolve arguments, pay back debts, be open with each other, really cherish the time you spend here with your friends and the people you care about.
^This. A MILLION TIMES This.

Top Bottom