• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

improving luigi if he's in

ninja232

Smash Apprentice
luigi should have his lightning power from the super star sega seris like lightning ball like his fire ball isn't effected by gravity and thunder hand smash like mario's melee smash exsept lightning what do you think and if i need to i'll ask the mods to shut it down oh and you can post some improvements for luigi if you want to

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
wait in the superstar saga series Luigi had lightning powers? I did not know that.....interesting.
Mario had the power of "fire Hand", while Luigi had "thunder Hand". each used inside of battles and outside to solve puzzles

Yes, thunderhand for his B instead of Fireball IMO is the best thing they could do to Luigi (I do not like the idea of him with the Poltergeist, save that for E. Gadd)

säpo.

Smash Apprentice
I hope Luigi eats some more pasta before his SSBB appearance. He coulda use some weight.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Are you impying that all italians eat pasta? The mario games are border line racist as it is, I don't wanna hear your crap.

I'm not Italian, I don't care actually just thought I would point out that Nintendo are stereotypicalaysing (sp?) jerks hence Peach, Mario, Luigi, Zelda, what they did to Krystal, etc.

He should use the poltergust for his super, he could umm suck everyone up.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Luigi should wear the poltergust on his back and hold the nozzle with one hand.

Dash A: Same as in Melee

A: Punch just like in Melee
AA: Punch, then a smack with the vacuum nozzle
AAA: Punch, then a nozzle smack, then his pelvic thrust just like in Melee

Toward A: A kick just like in Melee

Smash A: Luigi twirls the nozzle around by the cord. Spins faster the longer you charge. When released he throws the nozzle forward. Then he reels the nozzle back into his hand by the cord. Similar in range and power like his Melee Smash, just looks a little more exciting.

Down A: Luigi tries to trip people up by grabbing the cord and swinging the nozzle at their feet.

Down Smash: Same as in Melee. Instead of using his hand to brace himself while he revolves his legs around the body, he uses the nozzle to suction to the floor. If Luigi used his down B move, then he uses a hand to brace himself. See below for Down B move.

Up A: A downcut similar to Melee except the nozzle is in his hand

Up Smash: Luigi looks up at the heavens and then faces his nozzle up with both hands. He switches the vacuum on and a gust of air shoots upwards. If the oppenent gets caught in the gust near the nozzle, they start to spin around in a circle (similar to when an oppenent gets caught in Mewtwo's confusion). Very little damage, but good at keeping a foe airborne.

B (Ghost Shot): Instead of shooting a green fireball, Luigi fires a random colored ghost out of his vacuum. The "heart" of the ghost is a burning ball that looks similar to Luigi's old fireball and is the same size. Only by hitting the "heart" of the ghost will the oppenent be hurt. The ghost fades as quickly as the old fireball. Basically the same attack, but with different visuals.

Toward B (Green Missle): Same thing with the Misfire. But Luigi uses his vacuum as a means of propulsion. Quickly spins around, assumes a sitting position and releases a gust of wind in the opposite direction he is going. Hits oppenent with his rear.

Down B (Debris Shield): Luigi sucks up parts of the floor that create a shield on the nozzle which stays in place due to the suction. By pressing down B again Luigi shakes the nozzle so the shield breaks off. Any move using the nozzle of his vacuum will do about 6 percent more damage and have more knockback. The cost of this attack is that Luigi cannot use his throws, his green missle, Up Smash or ghost shot while the nozzle is clogged. If Luigi stays still, a projectile will break the shield but the green man will take no damage, much like how Link uses his Hyrulian shield.

Up B (Jump): Same as his original Jump. Goes diagnal like Mario's. Bonus if oppenent is hit straight on.

Grabs:

Luigi sucks his oppenents in. The distance is similar to Samus's grapple hook, but if the enemy is in the further half of the suction he or she still has a chance of running away. But there is less lag after then Samus's throw. The oppenent disappears inside the bag.

A: Luigi grabs the cord of his nozzle and starts backwhipping the bag strapped on his shoulders.
Toward: The oppenent comes out of the bag, but now their butt is stuck to the nozzle and their arms wave about. Luigi can run back and forth like DK in this position but cannot jump. A press of A will cause him to shoot them slightly forward, nowhere near as far as DK's forward throw.
Up: Luigi points the nozzle up and fires the oppenent upwards along with three ghosts that revolve around them briefly before fading. Jumping through a ghost causes a small increase in percentage.
Backwards: Luigi tucks the nozzle backwards under his armpit and fires his oppenent behind him. Similar in distance to his old backthrow.
Downwards: Luigi spins in place wildly like his old Down B, with the nozzle pointing in all directions as it spins too. The person is fired in a random direction.

Aerials: The aerials are the same as in Melee. Except the toward A instead of being a karate chop, now uses the nozzle to attack instead.

Rubbish

Smash Journeyman
I don't like any idea of Poltergust 3000 or FLUDD Mario,so I'm not going to comment.
For luigi;s fireball,it should stay the same with 6% dmg,but with a 1 in 10 chance of beingz
a lightning ball with 10% dmg and much better knockback.His F-smash is pathetic.
Maybe he could get Doc's lightning palm if Doc's removed?(I'm with Doc,I have his games)

icymatt

Smash Lord
I think Luigi should keep the Fireball and Super Jump Punch. Those are basic Mario Bros. attacks.

And of course Luigi will be in. He's Luigi.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Mario had the power of "fire Hand", while Luigi had "thunder Hand". each used inside of battles and outside to solve puzzles

Yes, thunderhand for his B instead of Fireball IMO is the best thing they could do to Luigi (I do not like the idea of him with the Poltergeist, save that for E. Gadd)
It is actually called firebrand not fire hand. Yeah, little details like that bug me... I am all for Luigi using thunderhand in Brawl but I am completely against the Polturgust 3000 because it would be like giving Mario the FLUDD and replacing his moveset. I don't want him to be drastically changed save for a lightning attack or two. He could use it in his super but nothing else.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
It is actually called firebrand not fire hand. Yeah, little details like that bug me...
My mistake >.< My friends and I always called it Fire Hand

Are you impying that all italians eat pasta? The mario games are border line racist as it is, I don't wanna hear your crap.

I'm not Italian, I don't care actually just thought I would point out that Nintendo are stereotypicalaysing (sp?) jerks hence Peach, Mario, Luigi, Zelda, what they did to Krystal, etc.
anyone else suprised Xainfeng of all people is brining this up?

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
Physics:
-Make him have an awesome jump like in the Mario games. Have his legs flail about to make everyone laugh.
-Make him lighter than Mario.

Attacks:
-Get rid of Green Missle. It did not originate in a game. Ice Climbers and Captain Falcon needed a made up moveset, but not Luigi. Give him moves from the games.
-Get rid of that annoying A smash with him giving weak little punches with his eyes closed. While funny, it gets annoying.
-Give him his thunder powers.
-Give him his Polterguist 3000. Just make it appear out of nowhere for some attacks, like Ness' mysterious baseball bat.
-Give him his twirl from Super Mario 64 DS, where he floats a bit. It could differenciate from Mario's Super Jump Punch.

Costumes:
-Give Luigi a Waluigi costume (if Waluigi doesn't get in).

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Are you implying that an Italian eating italian food is racist? Dude your posts are all borderline spam as it is, I don't wanna hear your crap.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Even if Luigi's fireballs are classic, Mario still used them first...
Thunder hand is a unique idea yet it was only implemented in one game. I'd like to see an Electric Jump Punch and a thunder karate chop, but it hasn't been seen enough to be recognized. But either way is fine with me. Just put the Poltergust away.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
No Polterguist...EVER!

As a person who mains with Luigi, I can say that the ONLY problem with him is his fireball. Everything else is perfect the way it is.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Let Pikachu have the thunder attacks. I say the vacuum would be a different choice because it could offer an odd moveset. And lets face it, Luigi is odd.

Chickenboy666

Smash Ace
you never played mario and luigi superstar sega did you? vacuum stinks all it does is cetch ghosts not people
Mario and Luigi Superstar SEGA?
That game where Mario and Luigi joins Sonic and Tails and... just a joke WwWwww
Electric Luigi, why not? Now when Dr Mario would be axed out of Brawl, Luigi can keep the electric punches and change his green fireballs for lightning attacks (like Plasma Kirby)

Gerakobittsu

Smash Cadet
Hm... M&L-styled Luigi... That'd be kinda neat...

Lesse... His Smash A can be the Thunderhand, B could be a Thunder Ball, Side B could be the Knockback Hammer (His hammer attack style in the Knockback Bros move, where he hits Mario in a golf-ish style with the hammer), and his UpB can be electrified... Sounds good to me, IMO...

Chickenboy666

Smash Ace

Lesse... His Smash A can be the Thunderhand, B could be a Thunder Ball, Side B could be the Knockback Hammer (His hammer attack style in the Knockback Bros move, where he hits Mario in a golf-ish style with the hammer), and his UpB can be electrified... Sounds good to me, IMO...
Good to me, too
That moveset is just so cool

T-major

Smash Champion

good moves. but personaly, I don't think a moveset based too much on M&L would be so great. for instance; the knockback hammer, although it could be useful (maybe used to hit projectiles back at people) the Green missle just... fits, Luigi more in my opinion. it's a goofy, and odd move. which I think fits Luigi (who I find goofy) more then a hammer swing. he need his thunder moves (the vacuum would suck, pun not intended). and in Brawl, he would probably get a new up-B and down-B, to make him 100% his own character. don't know what they could change them to, but they came up with the green missle, so I'm sure they could think of something. in fact, I'll think of something, just for the heck of it!

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
Although it looks like I'll need to wait for Smash Bros. IV, I would really like Mario to have a spin jump for up-B, while Luigi has a High-jump for up B. That goes back pretty far, actually. Also, Mario should always be faster than Luigi, but Luigi should have better jumps. Those are the old-school differences between them. I also support Thunderhand, since Luigi only has green fireballs in spin-offs.

Fitted Sheet Man

Smash Cadet
Something I have actually wanted to see is luigi's flutter kick from SMB 2 and 64 ds just make him go up a bit more in stead of a slower fall I just think it would make a good movement to seperate him more from mario what whoud change them more then changing the way he jumps

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Green missile should have as much lag as mis-fire.

Maybe Luigi could be a little heavier.

Get rid of crappy dash attack.

Get rid of crappy down-tilt.

Get rid of crappy projectile.

Have larger grab range.

Have traction from WD and regular traction be two seperate things. >_>

Have 10 different costumes.

Have ability to wall-jump.

uhh...have ability to shine-spike...>_>. Yeah, I lost it at the costumes.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Replacing fireball with thunderhand and using the Poltergust3000 for grabs seems like enough (though I wouldn't mind if he used it for other attacks, I like that move set Bowserlick came up with).

Gerakobittsu

Smash Cadet
good moves. but personaly, I don't think a moveset based too much on M&L would be so great. for instance; the knockback hammer, although it could be useful (maybe used to hit projectiles back at people) the Green missle just... fits, Luigi more in my opinion. it's a goofy, and odd move. which I think fits Luigi (who I find goofy) more then a hammer swing. he need his thunder moves (the vacuum would suck, pun not intended). and in Brawl, he would probably get a new up-B and down-B, to make him 100% his own character. don't know what they could change them to, but they came up with the green missle, so I'm sure they could think of something. in fact, I'll think of something, just for the heck of it!
Good point. Besides, it'd be good to still feel awesome landing the wildcard misfire if you accidentally Green Missile someone mid-battle when trying to do a Tornado or stalling with some fireballs... (lol)

Speaking of the Tornado, even if it IS similar to Luigi's tornado jump from SM64/SM64DS, why not replace that for the Knockback Hammer, seeing as most counter-attacks/reflectors are DownB... Maybe it could even have the effect of sometimes breaking like the hammer items (also referencing to mistiming hammer attacks in M&L:SS) and you could pick up the hammer head, which would basically be a silver/gold-ish version of the item itself, except maybe less damage or knockback just to be fair.

But yeah, just a small reference to the M&L series would do it for me, even though I'd kill to see Fawful in Brawl. :laugh:

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
yeah...references to the M&L Saga series should be given to Luigi. I third with with Luigi and I would love to see him with his thunder powers. The flutter Kick jump...should be put in for sure. It's the little things that really define Luigi as his own character.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Should Luigi return? Sakurai stated that Luigi would not be a secret character IF he came back. Of course many people want the more effeminate, lankier, younger brother in. I say he should get in only if he officially becomes his own character with his own moves. In the original Smash Luigi was the first clone, differing mainly in stats and nothing else. The term “Luigified” came to fruition because in the sequel the brother obtained some of his own moves while still insisting on copying a handful of Mario’s. In the third game, he should become his own man. Give him a vacuum, give him more wacky attacks.

I would keep Luigi in Brawl only if he fleshed out his personality with moves different from Mario. Personally, I think he should get the vacuum, which opens up a variety of unique attacks while still maintaining the man’s feminine side. Some people have argued the thunder hand should be clapped onto Luigi (from his RPG adventure), but I feel that this isn’t special enough. Plus with Pikachu already monopolizing electricity I feel that Luigi should find his own means of attack.

Top Bottom