• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Importing models over others

mcgungus1985

Smash Rookie
It is possible to swap models from one character over other another character that isn't an Alloy? The reason I ask is that while I can import models over Alloys just fine, there's no way for me to test them in Dolphin since Alloy-related codes crash the emulator. And since Brawl Vault is down, the tutorials for model swapping are currently inaccessible. Any advice on how to do this on Brawl Box?

josh98

Smash Rookie
Well, If you open up brawl vault, then you know the Model Data Stuff? Open up the First one, and in the Subfolder's you might see one Called Objects. if you export them, they are obj. and you can also Replace them. Think you can do that?

mcgungus1985

Smash Rookie
Well, I managed to import Fox's texture and polygon model over Wolf without a hitch. Still need to test it on Dolphin, but the reason I asked is I thought only Alloys could have imported models.

mcgungus1985

Smash Rookie
The only problem with that is I'd have to resize every animation manually (to neutralize the polygonal distortion), and that would be very tedious. The imports work on Dolphin, but bones such as ThrowN and XRotN cause the connecting opponents to be offset no matter what I do, but whatever

Top Bottom