• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Importance of the YYG

ShadowzVoid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShadowzVoid
How important is it to properly know how to execute the Yo-yo glitch? I'm having a hard time learning it and want to know if it's worth my time.

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
The Yoyo glitch is best used as a stealth tool. Probably 99% of people you face won't know when you have the glitch active. Whether or not that's something you want to implement in your playstyle is up to you.

However, the easy part is learning the timing and spacing. The hard part is knowing how to activate it during a match, something which I just don't have enough experience to know how to do consistently and only the TOP top Ness' have really utilized to barely it's full potential.

Last edited:

ShadowzVoid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShadowzVoid
The Yoyo glitch is best used as a stealth tool. Probably 99% of people you face won't know when you have the glitch active. Whether or not that's something you want to implement in your playstyle is up to you.

However, the easy part is learning the timing and spacing. The hard part is knowing how to activate it during a match, something which I just don't have enough experience to know how to do consistently and only the TOP top Ness' have really utilized to barely it's full potential.
Thanks for the reply! I'll try to put that knowledge to use since Ness is one of the 3 characters I "main" currently

Theftz22

Smash Lord
I think jab reset to YYG is very doable. Especially if you use dtilt to jab reset because you can dtilt as many times as you need to push your opponent to the correct spacing.

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
Also @ ShadowzVoid ShadowzVoid I just realized you main the exact same 3 Melee characters as I do! Well, Peach is my main, Ganon and Ness secondaries.

dan smith

Smash Champion
How important is it to properly know how to execute the Yo-yo glitch? I'm having a hard time learning it and want to know if it's worth my time.
you should learn everything else first. it is low priority/not worth the time if you have other stuff to work on.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Mastering DJC offense and movement takes so much more time than YYG, and the only time you're really guaranteed to be able to get a YYG is jiggs rest punish (and even then a pk flash or full charge and/or tipper bat would do the same job), luigi side-b punish, shiek/ganon/falcon/doc/mario on stage recovery punish where you have easier options (nair for doc/mario to gimp their up-b, bat for ganon/falcon, b-throw for shiek), and other laggy situations.

Top Bottom