• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm unsure about weeklies

Gearitz

Smash Apprentice
I'm very unsure about going to weeklies I picked up fox about 3 days ago and I can't string wave shines together yet I can wavedash near perfectly across stages, I can wave shine but I can't wave shine into another waveshine. I'm very unsure about going to weeklies because of this, I've been putting in 3-6 hours of practice a day and I just don't know what I should do I feel wave shines are a vital part of foxes tech game and very necessary to perform well. Am I wrong? Am I right? Should I hold off on weeklies till I get them down? Or should I just go now?

MurphyPrime

Smash Journeyman
Go to weeklies. It's a great way to get experience fighting other people and it rounds out your game. Especially if there isn't any cost to do so. Waveshining like a pro won't help you if your spacing, mindgames, combos, edgeguarding, etc. are lacking. For me I don't really have anyone to practice against except my bro who only plays ICs, so weeklies are great for me to practice against the other characters. Also people can give you advice if you have questions. Plus friendly setups are usually there as well for you to practice.

Gearitz

Smash Apprentice
Go to weeklies. It's a great way to get experience fighting other people and it rounds out your game. Especially if there isn't any cost to do so. Waveshining like a pro won't help you if your spacing, mindgames, combos, edgeguarding, etc. are lacking. For me I don't really have anyone to practice against except my bro who only plays ICs, so weeklies are great for me to practice against the other characters. Also people can give you advice if you have questions. Plus friendly setups are usually there as well for you to practice.
I have 2 friends who play melee and weeklies are $5

MurphyPrime

Smash Journeyman
$5 is not really that much, but it's up to you whether you are fine with spending the money. Having a couple of friends is awesome, but it still limits you unless they cover every possible matchup (not just character, but also playstyle with the character like campy fox, etc.). Go once and see how you feel. Worst case you lost $5 which isn't much. But the benefits out weight the risks substantially.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Definitely go to weeklies. That's one of the best ways to get practice and improve. You might get bodied, but you'll learn a lot and find that you left a much better Fox than you were when you went in.

Plus it's just $5

NitroSSBM

The coolest Falco of all time
Pick up Falco, even if it's only as a secondary. I find that at lower levels he is alot more consistent and is easier to pick up and play on a tournament level, as you don't need to know the same amount of tech as you need to know how to do with Fox, allowing you to play better.

Its not worth the advantages of playing Fox if you're not perfect with him.

Gearitz

Smash Apprentice
Pick up Falco, even if it's only as a secondary. I find that at lower levels he is alot more consistent and is easier to pick up and play on a tournament level, as you don't need to know the same amount of tech as you need to know how to do with Fox, allowing you to play better.

Its not worth the advantages of playing Fox if you're not perfect with him.
Sorry I only play fox and falcon if I wanted to play Falco I would.

Top Bottom