• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm trying to take down this Fox...

D

Deleted member

But even as my best character, I can't seem to do it. What are some good strategies to take Fox down with Pikachu? Yes, it's a L9 Fox.

Simmons

Smash Cadet
Generally the most efficient way to take down spacies is to outmaneuver them and find a way to get them offstage, since pikachu generally loses in a head-on fight.

From there, use pikachu's great f-tilt to stop them from firefoxing back onstage, or shorthop -> nair to stop those pesky illusions.

Pikachu also has a chaingrab on Fox, Falco, and Captain Falcon (assuming there aren't any platforms, so try it on Final Destination). Just up throw them, and predict the DI, so you can regrab.

Last edited:

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
there's a decent melee scene in philly, so play against people instead of computers. pikachu can just chaingrab / juggle fox until he knocks fox far enough off stage for an easy edgeguard by using f tilt, tail spikes, dair, or whatever else you need. jolts can be used to cover stuff but firefox will go through them when it moves.

D

Deleted member

Generally the most efficient way to take down spacies is to outmaneuver them and find a way to get them offstage, since pikachu generally loses in a head-on fight.

From there, use pikachu's great f-tilt to stop them from firefoxing back onstage, or shorthop -> nair to stop those pesky illusions.

Pikachu also has a chaingrab on Fox, Falco, and Captain Falcon (assuming there aren't any platforms, so try it on Final Destination). Just up throw them, and predict the DI, so you can regrab.
Okay. I'll try...

D

Deleted member

there's a decent melee scene in philly, so play against people instead of computers. pikachu can just chaingrab / juggle fox until he knocks fox far enough off stage for an easy edgeguard by using f tilt, tail spikes, dair, or whatever else you need. jolts can be used to cover stuff but firefox will go through them when it moves.
I don't know anyone else who plays Melee.

Top Bottom