• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm trying to perfect my Samus

Corigames

Smash Hero
You need more missiles and mind games. You are pretty straight forward with your actions, so try doing some missile spam then going in. I also couldn't tell from that video, but do you bomb jump at all? There wasn't a particular situation that I saw a need for it, but can you?

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
I agree: more missles. Sometimes it seems that missles against Falco is bad, but you need more for pressure!
Also i saw you walk alot with Samus. Try Wave dashing instead of walking so you get faster....
Good job overall though.

BtW Dude we NEED TO SAMUS DITTO!!!!!!

6th Sense

Smash Lord
Samus Ditto it is. :)

One thing..people said "more missiles" to "Kuger" so how can you guys differentiate?.. because I know I'm not nearly on his level.

Yes I bomb jump.

Redragon: My Samus used to be fast but it just wasn't as effective as it is now.

Krix

Smash Cadet
That Falco was really impatient and made wrong decisions and you punished him pretty well. Thumbs up for that but we'd need to see a video of you playing someone better to give you advice.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Nice wall teching on the Falcos part.......
Btw i am not quite as good as you 6th sense..........
So i will lose.....oh well:ohwell:

Kick

Smash Apprentice
i wish i could play slow like that, so effective in controlling the game.

the only thing i can comment on is more missles. something other than a fast falled nair. you have to mix up things, attacks got repetitive therefore predictable, the falco just didnt change his game to counter.

you are already pretty good. i think if you can mix that stuff up, it alone will be a good mindgame due to your slow play. it will be like an awkward silence before you kick them in the face. If only i could have that much control. =(

Reno>

Smash Journeyman
Tougher and tougher competition is the key to perfection. You need to face people that will utterly own you.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'm more worried about that Falco. I had to check his tag to make sure you weren't playing a computer. Insofar as beating a Falco that is letting himself get knocked off the stage in the first ten seconds of a fight, you're doing fine. A good Falco wouldn't be letting you walk across the stage like that. Straightforwardness worked against him, but against more skilled foes, you need to be more circumspect.

Honestly, though, I can't give you much advice. Play someone whom you cannot three-stock and I can probably give you some more advice.

J-Pizzle

Smash Apprentice
I think the key to a perfect Samus,is a good offense and be defensive when it counts,missles can only hold ppl back so much,and the balls r a good offense and defense.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Rofl I should post videos of me so people can tell me "Spam missiles". That will really help my game.

Your samus looked pretty nice. You controlled the falco really good.

And btw, to all the people saying that the falco was bad just cause he got 3-stocked, I three stock my friends pretty often now, and I guarentee you that they would beat most of you. I just happen to be better then them now.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
And btw, to all the people saying that the falco was bad just cause he got 3-stocked, I three stock my friends pretty often now, and I guarentee you that they would beat most of you. I just happen to be better then them now.
He also stood there while Samus walked across the stage, eventually retreated to the edge, where he was subsequently knocked off and edgeguarded to death. He may be able to SHL, but I'll judge his skill on more than that, if you don't mind.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Rofl I should post videos of me so people can tell me "Spam missiles". That will really help my game.

Your samus looked pretty nice. You controlled the falco really good.

I agree 100%.
I 3 stock(sometimes 4-stock) my friend who plays Fox, and he is VERY good and did pretty well at a tournament...

Mars-

Smash Champion
He also stood there while Samus walked across the stage, eventually retreated to the edge, where he was subsequently knocked off and edgeguarded to death. He may be able to SHL, but I'll judge his skill on more than that, if you don't mind.
I'll vs you with my falco. K. And I don't even play falco. If I beat you then you stop talking **** about people being bad because my falco sucks. Unless you want to vs my samus. Thats even better. I would love to vs a missile spamming pink samus.

BTW, from what I have seen from his past videos, he is probably better then 80% of the samus section.

6th Sense

Smash Lord
Mars- who's "he"?

Btw guys I might have another Samus v Falco vid. As for Samus being an offensive character..it may seem that way to most because of her projectiles and pretty good range and all but I think she excels on defense. Reasons:

1. Awesome ground game and ground control which leaves her less adaptable to the air.
2. Floaty = less oportunities for her to get comboed
3. D-smash out of shield is a great way to escape the pressure of somebody trying to finish you near the ledge.
4. Safe edgeguarding. Don't worry about getting killed trying to (shine) spike somebody! You have the U-air, u-tilt, (homing) missles, f-tilt, her jab:), angled f-smash, reverse n-air *HugS*, and so much more!!
5. u-air protects you from aireal assault from most characters with its vertical hitbox and your exposed part of your body is covered
6. u-tilt- self explanatory..really.
7. Screw Attack ( Up-B ) !! =D Might be the fastest move in the game maybe tied with the shine of the space animals or slower, but I've learned when HugS (I use his videos and advice alot) uses the Screw Attack--
--most of the time to escape danger (this includes following up with the up-b after any attack to evade ..--i.e. after missing a grab) Escaping danger is most often use
--and to stop the movement of your opponent because it frustrates the **** out of them.

These tactics will never ALWAYS work so when they dont that's when offense comes into play

SAMUS MAY VERY WELL BE PLAYED OFFENSIVELY BUT I PREFER AND AM MORE COMFORTABLE PLAYING WITH A DEFENSIVE APPROACH.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'll vs you with my falco. K. And I don't even play falco. If I beat you then you stop talking **** about people being bad because my falco sucks. Unless you want to vs my samus. Thats even better. I would love to vs a missile spamming pink samus.

BTW, from what I have seen from his past videos, he is probably better then 80% of the samus section.
If you'd calm down, you'll note that I never suggested missile spam.

Also, if I change my colors at all, I go to Black or Green Samus.

Kick

Smash Apprentice
walking in the match is great for your style. though it may seem like nothing and there are faster methods of transportations, it gets your opponents thinking subconsciencely that you are sslllllllloooooooowwww. so they rush in, then get kicked.

i myself have started doing that as an edgeguard/mindgame thing. i know ive seen some samus' do it in combo vids, just cant remember which ones.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
walking in the match is great for your style. though it may seem like nothing and there are faster methods of transportations, it gets your opponents thinking subconsciencely that you are sslllllllloooooooowwww. so they rush in, then get kicked.

i myself have started doing that as an edgeguard/mindgame thing. i know ive seen some samus' do it in combo vids, just cant remember which ones.
A lot of Samuses walk because of spacing. Walking is preferred because there is literally nothing preventing you from doing anything, so you can be walking away and turn around with a smash attack or somesuch. It's also useful in approaching spammers because you can ftilt whatever's approaching you.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Mars- who's "he"?
You.

If you'd calm down, you'll note that I never suggested missile spam.

Also, if I change my colors at all, I go to Black or Green Samus.
Cut the E-nerd “calm down” crap out. If you weren’t saying spam more missiles, then maybe I wasn’t directing that to you? I was however directing the falco part at you, since you think getting 3-stocked makes you bad. I have been 3-stocked by Eddie, does that make me bad?

amalor

Smash Rookie
hey, just wanted to give you some input on this...definitely do more jump cancelled missiles, double missiles if you can (one on the way up, one when you're about to land). Also, platform cancel missiles since you were on Stadium. Finally, more bombs! bombs will usually hurt the person attacking while propelling you up or sideways, and are great for spacing. Try approaching more with shffl dair. I like the grabs and the up B, try doing running grabs instead, or jump cancel them: faster than normal grab. Try wavedashing more instead of walking. Finally, when falco is off the ledge go after him with a short hopped nair, or wait on the ledge for him with a charged smash (just to mix things up so he doesn't get used to you doing utilt all the time. Also, do down tilt to pop him in the air then uair (the drill kick) and then shoot missile before you land, good combo. Hope this helps

Zjiin

Smash Master
You seem to have some basics down like some of these other guys have already said, but samus= master mindgamer. Use your bombs and missile canceling to overwhelm people, especially space animals, and you'll find that controlling the match is much easier.

* Tha Judg3 *

Smash Journeyman
Socal San Bernadino & Rancho area.... Where th
everyone in this room shouldnt be basin this vid off of how good people are.. like really it looks like the falco wasnt even trying in that match... i know bec i also play alot of games wit him and i can tell that he could really care less about this match......

and just do sum more missles
that is alll......

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
You.

Cut the E-nerd “calm down” crap out. If you weren’t saying spam more missiles, then maybe I wasn’t directing that to you? I was however directing the falco part at you, since you think getting 3-stocked makes you bad. I have been 3-stocked by Eddie, does that make me bad?
Compared to Eddie, yes. Furthermore, I'd not base my judgment of Eddie's skill on his match with you. I've also done the same here.

Riddle Me This

Smash Cadet
everyone in this room shouldnt be basin this vid off of how good people are.. like really it looks like the falco wasnt even trying in that match... i know bec i also play alot of games wit him and i can tell that he could really care less about this match......

and just do sum more missles
that is alll......
stop giving him jons, if he wasn't trying, he shouldn't even play anymore. You should always try your best.

Anyways, your samus is fine, just needs some more samus tech. IDK about Double jump missile, seems pretty useless on this match since it was pretty well grounded.

But yea, u can't base much from this vid, you might already do all that stuff, but just didnt have to do that in this particualr match.

Mars-

Smash Champion
More proof. It could have been somebody like PC Chris sandbagging or something.

You seem to have some basics down like some of these other guys have already said, but samus= master mindgamer. Use your bombs and missile canceling to overwhelm people, especially space animals, and you'll find that controlling the match is much easier.
Rofl it's funny to **** around with people with bomb. Like jump, bomb, DI away. They always seem to run into the bombs 3-4 times before catching on. Or juggling a fox with 3 down smashes (Rofl, Zjiin just joking about this). Zjiin if these barrington weeklies get started I'm hoping to see you there.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Zjiin if these barrington weeklies get started I'm hoping to see you there.
You'll see me there dropping bombs on everyone's head until 300%.

*Back on topic, everyone should just calm down. Your skill in smash is all relative, and for the better half of us, there is always someone out there to make our Samus look like crap. Deal with it. If you're up to par in tech skill, it shouldn't matter what the other guy does, just what you do in response to it.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
You'll see me there dropping bombs on everyone's head until 300%.

*Back on topic, everyone should just calm down. Your skill in smash is all relative, and for the better half of us, there is always someone out there to make our Samus look like crap. Deal with it. If you're up to par in tech skill, it shouldn't matter what the other guy does, just what you do in response to it.
Sorry to go off topic but Zijiin i have been watching your matches on youtube lately and i would love to Samus ditto you.......
Want to sometime?

luis the new guy

Smash Rookie
Hmmm. from your video... I saw a lack of missiles. Just use a few and then attack your opponent directly. Or use missiles and if they jump to avoid the attack, suprise them with a beam... Just be prepared to dodge if it's send back. lol.

* Tha Judg3 *

Smash Journeyman
Socal San Bernadino & Rancho area.... Where th
stop giving him jons, if he wasn't trying, he shouldn't even play anymore. You should always try your best.

Anyways, your samus is fine, just needs some more samus tech. IDK about Double jump missile, seems pretty useless on this match since it was pretty well grounded.

But yea, u can't base much from this vid, you might already do all that stuff, but just didnt have to do that in this particualr match.
hmm why dont u tell wreckless that than .. bec when his friends plays him he doesnt even try most of the time...

Top Bottom