• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm Sure You've Gotten Hundreds of These Lately, But...

Rayze Darr

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rayze_Darr
3DS FC
5327-0902-3469
Hello to you all. I am, most likely, one of many individuals signing up for this site in anticipation for the upcoming Super Smash Bros. 4. My hopes in joining this board are that discussing the games may help time pass more quickly, and to embed myself into a community that I can play with once said games see release. A few tidbits about myself in relation to the franchise:

I Have Been Playing Smash Bros. Since the N64 Version.
As a child, my cousins and I would play the original Super Smash Bros. non-stop. We were young and inexperienced, and most of our time was spent with 3 locked characters. I'm not even sure if I ever saw Luigi in the original until I replayed the game in my teens. I tried so hard to get good with Pikachu, but the character that I always did the best with was Ness. I was the only one of my friends and family who would pull off his Up+B properly, and it lead to many beautiful victories. When I moved on to Melee, I immediately gravitated towards Falco Lombardi. I enjoyed his similar play style to Fox, but his slower speed and preference for aerial combat suited my instincts better. Brawl took me a bit longer to find my main. Of course, I tried Falco as soon as I could, but I soon came to love both Ivysaur and Captain Olimar, and the old blue bird was pushed into third place.

I Am Not a Competitive Player.
I've tried to master the competitive techniques, but they never did click with me. I'm terrible at tilt attacks, and I've never successfully managed to Wavedash. I've never been too bothered by this, though. In fact...

My Favorite Game in the Franchise is Brawl.
I know, blasphemy. First of all, both Melee and Brawl are astounding games. When I say I prefer Brawl, it is by no more than a hair. Melee does have a better fighting engine, as well as a better variety of Event Matches and a significantly better Break the Targets. Brawl, however, has so many features that I just love. The Stage Builder (bare bones as it may be), the huge music selection, difficulty settings and co-op for Event Matches, Challenges, Final Smashes, and of course the bigger roster. The Subspace Emissary is a sensitive subject for many, but I loved it, personally. The cutscenes were the ultimate fanservice, and the boss battles were all god-tier. Yes, the Great Maze was terrible, and a lot of the platforming sections were downright obnoxious, but I found the experience as a whole to be incredibly enjoyable.

Some Things I'm Most Excited About in Smash 4:
For two characters in particular, I'm extremely excited to try out their new movesets. The first is Olimar, who seems to have a much stronger focus on precision this time instead of wild flinging of Pikmin. The second is Dedede, whose improved Gordo Toss has me hyped to no end. I'm looking forward to trying out Villager, who looks like he/she would be just plain fun to play as. Smash Run and the new Challenges are both getting me pumped, combining some of Hal's best features from Kirby's Air Ride into Smash. Beyond that, I can't wait to see what other modes return, and are introduced, in the still-mysterious Wii U version of the game. Also, a 50+ character roster? All-Star mode is going to be painful.

And that's me. Hope I have a great time here with you guys, and I'll see you all on the battlefield.

Top Bottom