• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm starting to baffle myself with Samus.

❤ Nikodemus05

Zero Skill Spamus
NNID
Nikodemus05
3DS FC
3952-7737-9671
I literally have such a high win ratio with Sammy versus all my other characters. It is really hard to think this character is garbage sometimes win you absolutely dominate with her. I think, along with a lot of other smashers on this forum, we've nearly mastered this character. I win more matches with Sammy than my Sheik, which I have 500+ hours in the lab with.

Do you guys feel the same way with Sammy? Have you nearly mastered the character, and do you guys have a higher win ratio with her?

DanishButrCookies

Smash Scientist
NNID
danishbutrcookie
3DS FC
3540-1230-7552
There's always room to learn more. Main thing is to remain consistent with her technicalities(ie. B reverse charge shot, PP CS, Bomb sliding, double stick fair from ledge). If anything, at the peak of skill the game no longer becomes "who is just playing better," but rather "who made the better decision?"

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I literally have such a high win ratio with Sammy versus all my other characters. It is really hard to think this character is garbage sometimes win you absolutely dominate with her. I think, along with a lot of other smashers on this forum, we've nearly mastered this character. I win more matches with Sammy than my Sheik, which I have 500+ hours in the lab with.

Do you guys feel the same way with Sammy? Have you nearly mastered the character, and do you guys have a higher win ratio with her?
Maybe not relevant, but I sometimes feel that way with my Mewtwo with all the time I've put in with him. I come across someone who beats when playing other characters I'm trying out, then pull out Mewtwo and proceed to two-stock them or at least give a closer fight.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
I consistently beat 90+% of the for-glory crowd with Samus. My megaman is no where near as skilled, in fact, it's pretty terrible.
I am no where near mastery level, the metagame is certainly advanced for the character with all these dedicated good players contributing, and I think with combo chains there's another level that I'm just barely touching now.
Samus benefits enormously from advantage state, she does so much damage from just a few reads. In the online format this is very significant, and may bias the deeper problems which only appear in fairly high level play.
What are your opponents like?
Do you routinely see perfect wavebouncing ZSS, fox that never miss a tech and pikas that can string you across the stage effortlessly edge cancelling their upB?

❤ Nikodemus05

Zero Skill Spamus
NNID
Nikodemus05
3DS FC
3952-7737-9671
I consistently beat 90+% of the for-glory crowd with Samus. My megaman is no where near as skilled, in fact, it's pretty terrible.
I am no where near mastery level, the metagame is certainly advanced for the character with all these dedicated good players contributing, and I think with combo chains there's another level that I'm just barely touching now.
Samus benefits enormously from advantage state, she does so much damage from just a few reads. In the online format this is very significant, and may bias the deeper problems which only appear in fairly high level play.
What are your opponents like?
Do you routinely see perfect wavebouncing ZSS, fox that never miss a tech and pikas that can string you across the stage effortlessly edge cancelling their upB?
Oh no, I don't play the trash that is fir glory, haha. And I mostly see the really perfect-esque stuff in smashladder or against friends my skill level. My opponents are usually my skill level, which I don't mean to brag, is pretty high.

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
Oh no, I don't play the trash that is fir glory, haha. And I mostly see the really perfect-esque stuff in smashladder or against friends my skill level. My opponents are usually my skill level, which I don't mean to brag, is pretty high.
I mean, considering you were talking about completely quitting Samus a little while ago, it doesn't matter who you're facing if, now, you feel like you're back on track with her. Or, at least, really enjoying her again. This is good!

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
I find I've no where near mastered Samus at all. But I win matches I really shouldn't all the time only because I get the one good CS read. 4 out of 5 FG matches I have against superior opponents* I win the first match. I still cant CS B reversal and lag kills alot of what I want to do, but Slowing down and being super patient wins the day in the end, sometimes at the very last second ; )
(Also i wish i could control what gets edited in the highlight feature)

* different opponents each time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom