• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm Scared to Play Project M

MrTsAGamer (MrT)

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrTsAGamer
Hello, recently I was introduced to Project M and from what I can see, it looks way more fun and accessible than Melee. I have played in 3 local tourneys so far, I placed in the top 3 in each and enjoyed myself in every one of them. However, I am scared to devote much more time into Project M (like I did in Melee and currently Sm4sh) because I am scared of it not being at tournaments after recent happenings within the community. So my question is, Will there be enough "big" tournaments and support form the community for me to devote lots of time into Project M? Or will it fall off the maps and end up being a big waste of time?

Bleck

Smash Master
The community isn't a thing that's there to support your playing; it's a thing that you support by being a part of it and playing.

Narpas_sword

i love it when i see people concerned about 'wasting their time' in regards to playing a videogame.

wasting your time would be playing a game that isnt fun, surely?
if you find PM fun, play it.

MrTsAGamer (MrT)

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrTsAGamer
From the looks of it, huge tourneys are still supporting the game and like @ Bleck Bleck "The community isn't a thing that's there to support your playing; it's a thing that you support by being a part of it and playing" and to be honest, I will support it. It looks incredibly fun. PS. Can someone link me to a Lucario guide?

xed122

Smash Cadet
i think it will be still tournaments of it if people still plays it, probaly it will be more PM tournament in the future

dabrownman

Smash Rookie
NNID
dabrownman
3DS FC
3153-6880-5133
Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about the big tournaments, if they still exist for PM. I kinda see it as a game you get a bunch of friends together and show each other up. It pretty much comes down to if you're having fun or not. That's all that really matters in the end.

Foo

Smash Lord
Idk, maybe I'll think about this problem while commentating at La Paradiso in june, what is probably going to be the biggest PM tournament in the history of North Carolina.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I don't think you should worry. Something tells me that once some new Characters come out in PM there will be a decent amount of deserters that return to the game.

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
I don't think you should worry. Something tells me that once some new Characters come out in PM there will be a decent amount of deserters that return to the game.
As well as new players that happen to be fans of those characters and their series

Crulex Crystallite

Smash Cadet
PM is good, grassroots won't die, we just need to be more active about our community.

Play. We need more players.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
From the looks of it, huge tourneys are still supporting the game and like @ Bleck Bleck "The community isn't a thing that's there to support your playing; it's a thing that you support by being a part of it and playing" and to be honest, I will support it. It looks incredibly fun. PS. Can someone link me to a Lucario guide?
There's quite literally an entire sub-forum for Lucario

Top Bottom