• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm new to Pit

Chaco

Never Logs In
Alright, so I've played him 4 days. I'm pretty good with him, as some would say. I need help though, I need to know what I'm doing wrong. I just played a marth, that I should've won, but found myself keeping away from getting KOed. Which only made me get it. Upsmash kill. But I'm not a normal Pit, I hardly ever use arrows, I believe I need to though, I can loop three at a time, but won't. EVER. I believe I need to use more arrows though, I really like his AR, although I use it sparingly, I normally SH it, or use it after an (AA). I love the glide cancel, to Utilt, and Uair. But I need some help, because I'm barely losing in ladders. So help, preaze? =^__^=

Chaco

Never Logs In
Hmm, I don't know what to practice though in all honestly, I know every single tech, got it done in a matter of an hour.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Hmm, I'll play alot of people and see what occurs.

madival

Smash Cadet
you have every single tech of pit done in 4 days?!?!? I have been playing pit for a few months and i still havent got them all down >_>. you have to remember that u gotta change up with pit. My most effective strat is changing how i play mid game to apply to situation and thats why i play pit because he can switch in so many ways for me.

Chaco

Never Logs In
you have every single tech of pit done in 4 days?!?!? I have been playing pit for a few months and i still havent got them all down >_>. you have to remember that u gotta change up with pit. My most effective strat is changing how i play mid game to apply to situation and thats why i play pit because he can switch in so many ways for me.
I'm a tech wizard, I can do all of the hardest techs. That's why. XD

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Pit doesn't have hard techs. The most difficult would be arrow stick.
Btw this is Rogue Pit, forgot i was on chibo's account

Chaco

Never Logs In
Pit doesn't have hard techs. The most difficult would be arrow stick.
Btw this is Rogue Pit, forgot i was on chibo's account
lol Yeah, they aren't hard. I was just saying that's the reason I got them so fast. I'm used to doing DT, DR, and the like.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Spacing is difficult considering Pit's lack of melee range compared to other chars. Instead, Pit does have a variety of attacks, including Shield-pressuring ones (N-air, Rapid jab, Angel Ring), Grabs for spacing and follow-ups, and arrows for long range pressure.
The matchup will probably change the way a Pit plays, from being offensive to defensive. N-airs work well vs larger chars as a reminder.
And make sure you know about Pit's great Edgeguarding and Ledgecamping game.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I do edge gaurd, but I really do not like to camp. But it seems that I will have to. It's one of his staples. Also Another thing IO wanted to ask you, is it good to power shield with Pit? Spot dodging doesn't seem to go long enough for some attacks, and I end up getting nailed.

Chaco

Never Logs In
You need to use arrows constantly. Pit is all about pressure. Pit without arrows is a sub-par character that cannot compete.
That is true. Hmm, I might just have to use a little more arrows.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
From what I've seen your good at Pit dittos :p (Even though Pit is one of my worst matchups...) But you really just need to practice against chars like Marth. Do NOT be afraid to camp against them.

Chaco

Never Logs In
From what I've seen your good at Pit dittos :p (Even though Pit is one of my worst matchups...) But you really just need to practice against chars like Marth. Do NOT be afraid to camp against them.
Yeah, I'm good at Pit dittos. XD

Top Bottom