• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Im mad

Player-3

Smash Hero
so today i was taking my final for AP Calculus AB (im in ABBC so i do AB first semester and BC second, calc 1 and 2 respectively) and theres a question that goes like

if the second derivative of f(x) is shown on the graph to the right (horizontal line at y=1) which of the folowing graphs is a possiblity of f(x)?

easy question, i narrowed it down to a parabola and none of these are a possibility

being the math perfectionist i am i tested out the points on the parabola, with proper antiderivates done and stuff, so f(x)=.5(x^2) + C(sub 1)x + C (sub 2)
idk how to do subscript/superscript so i did the best i could with that

the graph of the parabola had the points (0,0) (2,2) and (3,6) and

c sub 2 is 0 cuz (0,0)
but C sub 1 is not equal at x=2 and at x=3

so i put none of the graphs were a possibility

so after the test im talking with my teacher and people, and she says it was the parabola
she wouldnt listen to me when i was telling her why it wasnt because "it was a previos AP exam question, the answer is A"

TL;DR
whoever makes these AP calculus exams needs to l2graph

|:<

oh, and i need to make an A in this calc class to be eligible for DL Calc (taking calc 3 in high school with GA tech )

and i have like a 87 or something in that class.
i need a 95+ on the test to make an A in the class
so yeah, **** you ap calc exam makers

Player-3

Smash Hero
stands for "distanced learning"
because its over some webcam TV thing of some sort

idk, and only GA tech has it
and because of the recession they raised the requirements because they couldnt pay more grad students to grade papers and want less people to take it

and since ive taken every math at my school except for Statistics, if i dont get in i wil be taking stat next year.

actually i wont
i really hate stat

Sub_Scorpion7

Smash Journeyman
I see. I remember taking Calc AB/BC in 10th grade and because there were no higher level courses offered, I just took it again in 11th and 12th grade. Pretty fun! (No sarcasm).

On the plus side, I got to go to national tournaments for math tournaments like Huntsville, Alabama and Honolulu, Hawaii for a whole week. Good times...

Do you guys have anything similar to that?

KBM

Smash Ace
i hope you don't mean a horizontal line at y = 1
the antiderivative of a horizontal line definitely is not a parabola.

also i'm going to assume you estimated those points on the parabola, in which case the fault lies with you. unless it explicitly said "here are 3 points on teh parabola" (which i bet it didn't)

Player-3

Smash Hero
second derivative KBM

two antiderivatives

thats a double prime, which is hard to read

ill change that

KBM

Smash Ace
did it EXPLICITLY tell you those 3 points on the graph? i mean it's generally accepted that graphs are not drawn to scale, so even if the dashes on the axes match up to those points, i gotta call it your fault :S

Player-3

Smash Hero
thats why i asked my teacher if the graph was exact
she said yes
i used a ruler

:v

close enough to the right values that it really shouldnt matter if my lines werent straight

황미영

Smash Champion
I read this and all I thought was, "WAT?!"

I suck at Math... I don't even know why I'm in video game programming... >w> I wanted to do the **** art! D;

Player-3

Smash Hero
the only TL;dr was the line following it
the rest was info i forgot and didnt want to scroll up for

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I see. I remember taking Calc AB/BC in 10th grade and because there were no higher level courses offered, I just took it again in 11th and 12th grade. Pretty fun! (No sarcasm).

On the plus side, I got to go to national tournaments for math tournaments like Huntsville, Alabama and Honolulu, Hawaii for a whole week. Good times...

Do you guys have anything similar to that?
Yeah I did the same but for Mario Party 4.

RJsHouse

Smash Apprentice
if you were in 10th grade like me or asian, you wouldn't have a problem

BBQ°

Smash Champion
how was mlg hawaii btw bbq
MLG Hawaii is in 3 weeks my boy

Lounis and I have done extensive training for the past month and a half. I'm still not a dangerous player, but I would be disappointed if I don't make it out of 7th round pools.

Rayku also said he's going to start training again so he will be ready for MLG Hawaii.

Jaff

Smash Rookie
oh, and i need to make an A in this calc class to be eligible for DL Calc (taking calc 3 in high school with GA tech )
You're gonna regret that. Calc 3 here is nasty.

Edit: Also, if you actually plan to come here, I think most engr. degrees require a prob/stat anyway, so it might be more worthwhile to kill it (if you can get credit) while it is easier in high school than take it here.

Top Bottom