• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Im having a hard time......

Blu_Jay

Smash Cadet
I need help! I want to get really good with falco but I need to know some good Strategies! All I can think of is Dodging until I catch em off guard and hit em with a smash attack......anyone have any suggestions of what to do? or does anyone know any helpful guides?

I need help. :urg:

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Wow. This is like, starting from the ground up. Before you can learn Falco, you probably just need to learn how to play correctly. Concepts like spacing, camping, punishing, approaching (less useful), comboing (less useful), and edge tactics. Before we start with Falco, do you know any of these things?

fourthmealer

Smash Cadet
Dair into a jab combo. Works a lot, it has a small weakspot which they can attack, butif they shield the dair they are gonna try to attack after, which ur jab will beat. Then when ur done dancing on them, shine them the F away. Easy 30% right there atleast.

Falco's tech chase owns, keep on them and don't let them think. Enless they got the upperhand, back away an replan. The goal is to get them to start dodging on "auto-pilot" and get them to stop thinking about what to do because you got them so tied up. That's when they start messin up, and u can hit them wtih a forward smash.

Also watch for your opponents shiel roll, if they seem to be in front of you, but 2 far away for u 2 do much, and they always shield roll behind you. Charge a smash behind you, works everytime

1Stryder1

Smash Rookie
why don't you check some threads here; some people post videos that have combos that are helpful; it helped me

MyRevenge.

Smash Journeyman
Wow. This is like, starting from the ground up. Before you can learn Falco, you probably just need to learn how to play correctly. Concepts like spacing, camping, punishing, approaching (less useful), comboing (less useful), and edge tactics. Before we start with Falco, do you know any of these things?
I agree with you for the most part... but I'm curious as to why you state approaching to be less useful... Unless, of course, you're referring to Brawl being a campy game or something...
But I think the way you approach certain characters (such as marth or toon-link) could win or lose you the match

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
I agree with you for the most part... but I'm curious as to why you state approaching to be less useful... Unless, of course, you're referring to Brawl being a campy game or something...
But I think the way you approach certain characters (such as marth or toon-link) could win or lose you the match
That's exactly what I'm insinuating. It's true to learn how to approach first, but I think in this game at least, you will benefit more by learning all the appropriate camping methods first and foremost.

Top Bottom