• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm going to my first pm tourney and need tips

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
So in a few hours I'm going to a local tournament and I would like some tips
Mains and secondary:
Mains::falcon: :fox: :marth:
Secondary::mewtwopm: :mario2: :samus2:
Fav stages are fd,dream land and yoshi island

steelguttey

mei is bei
going to a tournament, especially your first, with 3 mains is a very very bad idea and u should pick one character. this is supposed to be a learning experience, and you learn the best with one character. trust us on this. ask any top player, they did not rise to the top by switching mains

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
going to a tournament, especially your first, with 3 mains is a very very bad idea and u should pick one character. this is supposed to be a learning experience, and you learn the best with one character. trust us on this. ask any top player, they did not rise to the top by switching mains
Ill be using captain for most of the time but if stuff goes bad I'll use my other mains.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
Just got back and I got 5th out of 30 and I used Roy instead of captain

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
To avoid having to resort to recovering in the first place, don't get hit, and

...That being said, that's an excellent showing for your first event. Keep at it.

Last edited:

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
To avoid having to resort to recovering in the first place, don't get hit, and

...That being said, that's an excellent showing for your first event. Keep at it.
Thx I used mewtwo for awhile untill there where harder matchups then went to my main man roy

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Good run all the same, considering you were a round or two away from top 3.

GuySensei

Smash Rookie
NNID
Guy
3DS FC
1349-6208-4229
You got top 5 at your first PM tourney? I'm guessing you've gone to tourney's for other games (Melee for an example) before because that is very rare, unless you haven't of course. I don't mean to sound jealous but the competition must have been pretty weak for you to do that good at your first tourney. Once again, I'm not trying to patronize you, it's just kind of unheard of and I'm wondering how you did it.

Still very good job! I never even made it past my first match at a sm4sh tourney in Utah.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
You got top 5 at your first PM tourney? I'm guessing you've gone to tourney's for other games (Melee for an example) before because that is very rare, unless you haven't of course. I don't mean to sound jealous but the competition must have been pretty weak for you to do that good at your first tourney. Once again, I'm not trying to patronize you, it's just kind of unheard of and I'm wondering how you did it.

Still very good job! I never even made it past my first match at a sm4sh tourney in Utah.
I played alot of friendlys with real good players so I would be ready for this tournament

Top Bottom