• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm glad I have friends this forgiving..

mmik

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmikleson
I was playing my friend on Onette, I was Dedede. We were at the bottom and I was chaingrabbing him against a building, and let a car kill him. He pressed the buttons on his controller like crazy, but he didn't get mad; he actually laughed. He said it was ridiculous, but I was surprised he didn't get mad that he couldn't do anything.

dedede is fun : D

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
That's a good friend to have. I often feel bad when chaingrabbing my Bowser friend. I'm suprised as well that he never actually tells me to stop though. It's probably cuz he knows Bowsercide is equally annoying :D It doesn't help that he's insanely good at landing the foward B on me.

Jebin_Zedalu

Smash Cadet
I wish my brother was like that. If I even grab him TWICE in a row, he throws a tantrum. Massive anger problems. -_-

think13

Smash Cadet
That's the same thing my friends did when I first learned to wobble with ICs in Melee. They basically said 'this is sweet, if you can get it, go for it'.

A good thing to do is compliment your friends whenever they get a sweet combo on you. Because, if you think about it, even though you got p0wned, your friend just did something sweet that is worth recognizing.

I think that is one way you can tell if you actually have good friends.

Neemo

Smash Apprentice
My friend resorted to unplugging my Controller. I think it was a pretty mature thing to do considering that you are legally allowed to kick anyone doing an infinite.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
I don't feel any shame in chaingrabbing my friends all the way from the left side of eldin bridge to a ko on the right side of the screen, staying there, waiting for them to run after me to try and get a quick ko after respawning, inhaling them, turning around, and star shot koing them. But granted I'd probably only do that once a fight. =)

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
Play to win. Doesn't mean you can't have fun doing it, though.

Chaingrabbing is a good way to make your friend stop picking a particular stage, such as Bridge of Eldin, Mario Kart, etc. :p

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I'm also glad I have mature friends like this. My usual opponent / doubles partner plays Pit and doesn't mind at all when I chaingrab him, he just sees it as another part of the game. Then again he's incredible with the arrows and spams them like mad so it would be a little hypocrytical for him to criticize me for being 'cheap'.

A good thing to do is compliment your friends whenever they get a sweet combo on you. Because, if you think about it, even though you got p0wned, your friend just did something sweet that is worth recognizing.
This is definitely true. One of my other friends cheers for anyone who pulls off something impressive or just devastating (like a chain throw) even when it's being used to stomp him and he's a lot of fun to play against.

Jok3r

Smash Apprentice
I need to be like you guys then I just feel bad when I start chain Grabing and infinte someone I just like let go and stop. even in tourney I do it and because of that I lose <_<.Maybe I shouldn't care and just cg the **** out of them .

Triforce_Chauzu

Smash Apprentice
I haven't really played much with Dedede but about anger problems...

I got two people IRL that I can play for real with; my bro and my friend. I haven't faced them with my new main, Zelda, yet... Because I know what will happen. They'll start complaining after the first match if I do more then like five Din's Fire total in the match and if I also happen to win, like, three or more games in a row, they'll stop playing and be real biches for the rest of the day.

About chaingrabbing, I don't like it... Has happened to me sometimes against Dedede (I think Andromeda there's done it sometime) but, well... Nothing wrong with that, I guess. It's just a pain in the ***. :)

Top Bottom