• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm doing a Project M 3.6 CPU Assessment

Ed94

Smash Apprentice
Ok so as the title states this is cpu assessment for the latest version of PM. This might be useful to the devs in seeing which cpu's need refining. Right now Zelda looks like the shining example of what a cpu should be like.

I have all the cpu's facing off each other round robin on BF with tourney rules. All of them get 1 set best of 3. CPU level is set to 9.

Top CPU's that show large performance difference compared to other cpus get their matchups reset and redo the set best of 5 against each other. (Will be done after the base round robin is complete.)

Data is being put into a google sheets spreadsheet
Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qOG0CMSwW59eV2rwQItciil6g3Zid68muyEzDkX9KVM/edit?usp=sharing

There are three pages. First the spreadsheet itself that holds all the data. Second is two visual charts showing data on the sets and matches won. Third is a ranking of all the CPU's with information on the which cpu's the had the most trouble with.

So far I have run most of these matches in the background when I'm at home doing work. This however is still taking a while since so many matches need to be done.

I'm posting this here so you may view the data so far and if you'd like to, post results of sets done by you guys.

Just post it in this format:
W or L for whether the match is won, with each side by side.

Example post::
Peach vs Yoshi
WLW

Yoshi vs Peach
LWL

Please take note that the first character mentioned determines the perspective taken for the wins and loses. In the example, peach is first so from her perspective she won twice and lost once.

I'll be doing the honors system so you don't have to provide proof of all three matchups unless you want to. I will be wary of troll posts and double check matchups that have unlikely results. If I see too many trolls, I'll just make proof a requirement.

For those who want to show proof show the post match screen capture pic. (http://puush.me/ this program is the most productive way)

I will check up on the thread weekly or less to update the spreadsheet with post data and keep the data I get constantly updated.

P.S. I'll be posting a PM SSB4 Shader this friday if time permits. If you have any suggestions to the assessment please post em.

Last edited:

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
I'm afraid someone has already beaten you to the punch on this idea ): There has been a CPU tier lost based on wins/losses in the works for a while now on reddit, and was finalized a few days ago.

Props on the initiative though! There has been a lot of talk about improved CPU AI recently, so this sorta stuff is bound to be helpful for directing the AI coding whizzes on which chars to tweak.

Last edited:

Ed94

Smash Apprentice
They have pretty great data on it but I see the chart does not seem like it was done round robin...

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
They have pretty great data on it but I see the chart does not seem like it was done round robin...
True, they didn't do a full RR for every char yet. But you're always free to submit you're own findings to help add-on to the pre-existing chart and fix that

Top Bottom