• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm building a PC and I'm unsure if the CPU I'm going for can handle PM and Melee

HornBill

Smash Rookie
Hi guys,

So I am building a mid-range gaming pc which I'll mainly be using for the following games:

- Project M & Melee on Dolphin
- Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on PCSX2
- Street Fighter V
- Overwatch
- and if remotely possible: Street Fighter Alpha Anthology on PCSX2

I am very positive this CPU (AMD x4 860k) won't have any issues running SFV and Overwatch, but yet I'm afraid that it won't perform that well with emulators, seen as everyone says to get an Intel CPU for emulators instead.

This is the build I came up with so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/RbmvLk

What do you think, is the 860k gonna be enough for PM and Melee?

Thanks

Y-L

Smash Champion
Hi guys,

So I am building a mid-range gaming pc which I'll mainly be using for the following games:

- Project M & Melee on Dolphin
- Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on PCSX2
- Street Fighter V
- Overwatch
- and if remotely possible: Street Fighter Alpha Anthology on PCSX2

I am very positive this CPU (AMD x4 860k) won't have any issues running SFV and Overwatch, but yet I'm afraid that it won't perform that well with emulators, seen as everyone says to get an Intel CPU for emulators instead.

This is the build I came up with so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/RbmvLk

What do you think, is the 860k gonna be enough for PM and Melee?

Thanks
I had a pc with an athlon 750k and it ran melee/pm pretty well for the most part, may have some trouble on fountain of dreams for melee.

You might have some issues with SFV, tbh I recommend going for an i3 instead of the Athlon. Will also perform 10x better for emulation as well as pc games..

Last edited:
Top Bottom