• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm a guy who wants to get competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuro

Smash Lord
Hi, so I've been playing Smash since the N64 era, and I want to start getting into the competitive scene now that Brawl is debuting. I've actually been considering it for awhile. I always find myself using random advanced techs during play, and think I could get better through tournaments. I probably would've done it by now, but I figured I'd just wait until Brawl, as Melee's time is coming.

So, here's a few questions:

Is it uncommon to find guys in the competitive scene? Do you believe they can be as good? XD

This is relative to areas, but how big are tournaments, usually? How often can you find them?

How much is prize money, typically? Is there a range of smaller to bigger tournaments that offer different results?

Thanks to anyone who answers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom