• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike's weakness?

Roys amazing

Smash Cadet
I decided to post a thread about ike weaknesses.
You can post about the characters hes weak against and the levels, maybe more.

templar rage

Smash Cadet
Well, the most obvious one has to be his speed. He is one of the slower characters, with the power to balance it out though. His uncharged Fsmash has to be the strongest in the game, if not top 3. His recovery is good vertical, not horizontal, and if you use his -->B, its all horizontal, no vertical. His Aether spikes you, and his -->B leaves you vulnerable, so neither really combo well into the other, leaving Ike with situational recovery, at best.

Deathmethod

Smash Rookie
I have to agree with the Templar Rage. Ike's obvious weaknesses are his speed, recovery, and lag. Most of his moves have to be timed well to be used well, due to the slow swings and the pre and post lag.

Although that all has to do with being able to predict your opponent's next course of action. If you can do that you forget all about speed.

Next is his recovery, which is his biggest flaw IMO. His >+B seems really good because it can go extremely far horizontally, but I have ran into a terrible flaw in this ability (which many others have realized too). If someone jumps off and runs into you purposefully before you are close to the edge you will attack them and then be unable to do anything as you fall to your death. This also applies to ledgehogging.

His ^+B is good for vertical recovery, and fighting off edgeguarders, but it is still easy to see it coming and counter it.

As this current time the hardest person for me to fight is Samus, due to her ability to keep away from people. Fox isn't as much to worry about as people say, because his laser doesn't really do much, just a little % add, at least compared to Falco's, which can flinch you at any time.

BTW, never play Skyworld with Ike, you will kill yourself... constantly. Aether seems to destroy most of the platforms before you can grab them.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
please discuss this in the general discussion thread.
and "roy's amazing", please stop making so many threads and discuss in the aforementioned thread.

Dr. Science

Smash Apprentice
Projectile spam is your worst enemy, espescially diddy and olimar... tripping will get you killed, but to me speed is not your greatest problem. Just get by those projectiles and you should be good...

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
Templar pretty much got all you need.

Speed and lag I find being the key weaknesses. Both of which are easily punished if you are careless. Ike consequently can't do the all out offense a lot of others can because one miss and you will get punished for it. Consequently his strongest attacks are really slow so they are only good if you clearly have an opening, so most of Ike's arsenal comes down to his regular attacks, dashes and tilts.

One other thing is his neutral b. Although powerful, in a good match you will have VERY few chances to really use this. It's charge time is awful and people can see it a mile away. The only time I've ever found good use for this is to discourage people while I'm edgeguarding or (more importantly) to use while falling from the air to hit opponents on the ground. That's a better strategy if you ask me because if they jump up for you you can try to time the SAF to get the hit in above them.

Top Bottom