• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike's Throw Combo's

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
First of all I tested this 2 hours against a human player who played Mario.I tested DThrow whenever it worked.If it wasn't possible anymore,I used UThrow instead.I didn't use Nair,cause for me it just isn't that good as an option to follow-up with.So Mario's/Dr.Mario's weight is at 98,so it might be possible,that this works out for Villager,Tiny Miis and Luigi who are at 97 and Lucario who is at 99.If you think,there are any mistakes,you are free to correct them.So let's getting started :)
P.S: Pls understand,that this takes like hours to test all of this stuff.So as soon as I can I will do more and more characters,so that you can get an idea how Ike combos against certain characters.

Ike:0% - 124%
Mario:0% - 9%
Possible Throw Combo's:
DThrow -> Aether
DThrow -> Fair
DThrow -> Uair

Mario:10%
Possible Throw Combo's:
DThrow -> Fair
DThrow -> Uair

Mario:20%
Possible Throw Combo's:
DThrow -> Fair
DThrow -> Uair

Mario:30%
Possible Throw Combo's:
DThrow -> Fair
DThrow -> Uair

Mario:40%
Possible Throw Combo's:
DThrow -> Fair
DThrow -> Uair(Full Hop+2nd Jump!)

Mario:50%
Possible Throw Combo's:
DThrow -> Fair(Full Hop+2nd Jump!)

Ike:0%-124%
Mario:60%
Possible Throw Combo's:
DThrow -> Fair(Full Hop+2nd Jump!)

Mario:70%
Possible Throw Combo's:

Mario:80%
Possible Throw Combo's:
UThrow -> Fair(Full Hop+2nd Jump!)
UThrow -> Uair(Full Hop+2nd Jump!)

Ike:0% - 99%
Mario:90%
Possible Throw Combo's:
Up to 99% Ike can:
UThrow -> Uair(Full Hop+2nd Jump quickly!!!)
Between 100% and 124% Ike can:
UThrow -> Fair(Full Hop+2nd Jump,you have to be FRAME PERFECT for this one!!!)

Ike:0% - 49%
Mario:100%
Possible Throw Combo's:
Kills on SV!

Ike:0% - 49%
Mario:110%
Possible Throw Combo's:
Kills on SV!

Ike: -
Mario:120%
Possibtle Throw Combo's:
None.

So that's pretty much it then.I might missed something,but overall that's all of them.
I hope it helps all of you :)
Just as said it MIGHT work against other characters too.

Chaleb

Smash Cadet
Don't know why you didn't test NAir; depending on how the characters DI his Down throw it can be Ike's only follow-up option.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I know what you mean,but don't worry I tested everything with an opponent trying to DI/VI out of everything.It doesn't work for the list I made if you do it correct and fast enough.And Nair doesn't kill like Uair does,so I decided not to test around with it.But if you would like to and edit it here afterwards,you are free to do it :)

Also depending on DI/VI your opponent might go more upwards,but Uair hits you anyway.And most of the time you can fix that kind of problem by jumping backwards and then forward while using your Aerial Move.Works fine if you get the timing right :)

And I think I will do Sheik or Diddy or something like that next,which should help us more ;)
But it will take a while cause I got no time atm :(

Last edited:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Nair is the easiest to hit with, but it has the least reward unless you're doing it underneath a platform. Nair is good if you don't want to bother with reading DI and the timing is easier. I still go for bair/fair/uair every time though.

Top Bottom