• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ike's side b arial

Status
Not open for further replies.

iron blade

Smash Ace
anyone who went to e4all, does using ike's side b in the air cause him to go in free-fall animation?

mattram08

Smash Apprentice
Ike's side B move seems to be better for recovery than Aether, except when you are under the stage. Still when you are under the stage it doesn't look like Aether lets you grab the edge when you are using it. I may have to do more research on this, but I haven't seen anyone successfully recover using Aether yet.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
Ike's recovery is similar to Luigi's, as he has to use his side+B to get back on the stage, as Aether covers no horizontal distance(again, think Luigi). Im wondering how much horizontal distance will be covered with his side+B, if its similar to Fox's side+B in distance traveled and what not.

ZachSoup

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm just curious on how quick this move starts up (if anyone who attended e4all is reading this). I heard almost all of his moves had tremendous start up lag, but after seeing some videos where this move was preformed, it looked fairly quick. Just wondering if this is true or is there indeed invisible lag before this move as well?

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
Gosh, I was really hoping for Ike to be good in this game. He has almost no recovery and really laggy moves though...
We don't know whats happening with Ike, his side b is a good fast move though, and it covers a fair amount of horizontal distance. If people jump out while Ike is using his side b to recover, they'll get spiked hard.

edit: here's a good video of Ike using his side b to recover.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo80FYEzExA&feature=related

Dark Meta-Knight

Smash Apprentice
Though Aether is good for doing some damage, his Side-B is better for doing damage and recovery. Just like Captain Falcons Side-B is good for recovery. If you're close to the edge.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Um, what did your comment have to do with the topic? And what do you mean he doesn't have any strong moves? All he has are powerful attacks, he needs fast ones.

ShiroinoKaze

Smash Cadet
What I want to see is someone jumping to stop ike while he does his Side B to see if he can do it again like some people have claimed.

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
The Ranger critical was fun and everything, but the charge up time was a little long for the knockback it had. But Eruption and the armor breaker were beautiful. But I digress, Horizontally, the critical is the way to go.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but it also tends to **** you over if you hit the edge or a character and go into free fall.
Falcons screwed you over like that... but that is the Beauty of Ike's >B.... after hitting a character in the air.. it spikes them (evidently.. haven't been shown that yet) then he can use it again (as i have heard). Also ... Ike's >B lets him grab the edge if you can make it to the edge... MAGIC if you ask me

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
If they fix one thing and one thing only... i would prefer they make him a little faster over the better up B...

Just my opinion.. i prefer speed to recovery

Polostick

Smash Apprentice
can u use it like more than once like luigi or pikachu, or once like captain crunch aka c falcon?

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
people who were there said he can side B - jump - up B for an amazing recovery...

so no... he doesn't go into free fall animation...

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Ike goes into freefall after using his side-b in the air when not making contact, that's confirmed. What people are wondering is if he can move again if he hits with it in the air.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
well then I suppose my sources are faulty XD

someone who went to E for All said you can sideB > jump > upB

Rakath

Smash Ace
well then I suppose my sources are faulty XD

someone who went to E for All said you can sideB > jump > upB
So long as your Side B hits someone that will work.

You can also Side B - Jump - Side B if you hit an opponent.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
questions have been answered

i think ike goes free fall regardless of whether he hits anyone, but maybe thats not correct *shrug*

anyways, the topic is basically over, theres enough discussion of ike's side b going on

*bowser fsmash*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom