• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike's Counter

Ichiban

Smash Rookie
So not much is mentioned about Ike's counter.
From the guides it seems like it does 1.2 times at least from "the big Ike guide"
for those of you who don't know you can check out Roith's guide linked above.

In melee I loved the counter that Roy and Marth had, not only was it effective, but it created a mind game to deter opponents from randomly attacking. So I guess my question is, how is Ike's counter. I see it in the video's but those usually do not connect. Is it similar in speed to Roy, and can it be used to edgeguard?

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Ike's counter - 1.2 times the damage and knockback of the attack received.

So basically, it's like Roy's but with a bigger window of activation. Roy's was stronger (1.5x damage and knockback) but since Ike is so much stronger than Roy was it's pretty much the same.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Apperantly, it is pretty fast with no start or little end lag, so it is weaker then roy's yet just as fast as marth's.

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
Ike's also activates after you hear the "TINK" noise. As opposed to Marth's (Which is right before the "TINK" noise.)
dangit I haterd that with roy... if it tinks it should work. instead of hearing the tink right when they hit you and it doesn't work.

Bars

Smash Rookie
I was wondering... is it possible to shield a counter from Ike/marth, or is it impossible to mitigate the dmg?

Top Bottom