• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike's B over... Can you not purposely interrupt it at recovery?

Hero C

Smash Rookie
Unlike Fox's B over, which goes through people, once Ike hits his target, he drops. So characters with multiple jumps and low damage who manage to get Ike off stage... Can't they just jump in his path and get hit, allowing Ike to make contact, but fall after?

Unless he has DI after the fall, I don't think he'll be able to reach the ledge, plus you can get a free kill.

Anyone test this yet? I saw videos of the Reno crew playing, but Marth never attempted it, and Ike usually goes over Marth most of the time.

eastheaven

Smash Ace
It's been tested.
If you hit someone with your frward b during recovery, you will die unless you are close enough to autograb the ledge.

Taekmkm

Smash Cadet
I'm thinking a counter-strategy if they go to intercept the Up-B, like DI the attack so it brings a spike like Kirby's Up-B.

-Aether

Smash Journeyman
Good players will be doing this against Ike constantly. You'll have to get around it by playing smart with Smash-B.

Top Bottom