• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike UThrow -> UAir Kill percents.

neil2020

Smash Cadet
This is a little side project I'm working on (Because Break from school and Bored) dealing with Ike's Uthrow -> UAir. I like to think of it as a 50/50 because it is air-dodgeable and is affected by DI, so before anyone hates too much it is BY NO MEANS GUARANTEED!!! :) It's just super satisfying to catch an airdodge-happy opponent.

I haven't finished quite yet as I just got the idea to do this today, but I have created a Google Doc and the link is below and you are welcome to view it as I update and if a specific character isn't there yet that you need ASAP please let me know.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eQ0bkCCALs5iUL6adFxd-ti7reQsa_jyw-4pJWq4uuA/edit?usp=sharing

Feel free to copy/paste and check it out.

Just so you are aware of my procedure so it at least sounds official:

1. This test was done in Smash mode.
2. Handicap was set to ON, time to infinite
3. Each UThrow -> UAir was tested at 0, 50, 100, 150%'s respectively (for Rage).
4. This was tested from the middle of FD, with no DI.
5. Every time the setup connected but did not kill, both characters SD'd to reset rage and staling.
6. UThrow and UAir were NOT used to rack up damage to prevent staling. Grabs were not used at all.
7. Every time it DID kill the setup was tested again within 2% to assure accuracy.
8. Only the early (back) hit of UAir was tested, as it's fastest to connect.

Input/Critiques/Questions/Comments welcome.

Just a few quick notes:

*In my testing, this is the LOWEST percent at which this setup will kill, and works to about 5% above the noted percent. Any higher and UThrow will send them too far.

*It's best to hit your opponent on the rise. Any change in momentum can affect these %'s by as much as 10% in order to net the kill.

*Floaties are difficult to hit, as are middle weights. FastFallers are suckers to this setup if read correctly.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
This is cool and all but are these even true combos?

That's more important.

neil2020

Smash Cadet
This is cool and all but are these even true combos?

That's more important.
They're just barely outside of True Combo range, but it's a deadly 50/50. I did state that in the description. It's just something that has changed my Ike play a lot and I just wanted to share.

*EDIT:
Sometimes the Training Mode counter says it is, but it can be DIed out of, but that is character dependent. This is just the lowest percent that this setup will kill a given character.

Last edited:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's only guaranteed on fastfallers and low rage. At high rage on fast fallers, most can't jump but can air dodge at kill %.

Either way, having a graph with numbers is very helpful.

neil2020

Smash Cadet
up air. It stays out for quite a while, which is why this 50/50 is so effective.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
N-Air and Up Air are the best for covering air dodges. They linger and lead into more stuff if you can get them.

luckysharm

Smash Rookie
After some recent testing and online matches, it turns out that Ike's Up throw -> U-air is actually a true combo, a guaranteed KO at certain percents depending on the character. In Training mode it even checks out as a true combo, with Lvl 9 CPUs on attack mode.

To perform it successfully you absolutely must do a full hop, followed by a double jump U-air in quick succession. If you pulled it off the CPU won't airdodge in time and will be KO'd.

So...who would care to name Ike's hoo haa? :)

Last edited:

neil2020

Smash Cadet
After some recent testing and online matches, it turns out that Ike's Up throw -> U-air is actually a true combo, a guaranteed KO at certain percents depending on the character. In Training mode it even checks out as a true combo, with Lvl 9 CPUs on attack mode.

To perform it successfully you absolutely must do a full hop, followed by a double jump U-air in quick succession. If you pulled it off the CPU won't airdodge in time and will be KO'd.

So...who would care to name Ike's hoo haa? :)
Rage and staling will effect this as well. A fresh uair will kill at ridiculously low percents when Ike is at high rage, and staling Ike's uthrow is advantageous in this situation as well because it allows for more followups and even the true combo on fastfallers and certain midweights. I am going to finish testing this and fill out the percents on the table now that my semester is finally over :)

BanGaRanG

Smash Rookie
So with the patch changes (since this thread was made) and with some new free time I have, I'll be updating this. (Sorry had to change my tag for my local scene, my apologies if this was a little confusing)

-Neil22 (now BanGaRanG)

Top Bottom