• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike stoppage

HADOOKEN

Smash Apprentice
To get it out of the way, yeah i could have done all this stuff to find a simular topic, but i havent posted here for grips so i sais f*ck it, also i want up-to-date advice as well, for surely you are all better than you were a number of months ago.

I'm still having problems stopping this Ike player at my school. Hes a Bairing son of o gun and i dont know how to gimp him on his recovery.

I like the idea of droping of the ledge and parrying his up B, but that often gets me killed, and I should be ruining him in air battles but i find my self getting beat out by Nair or Dair...

Marth brothers, advize me, or flame... or spam...

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
First, if you have problems with his recovery, push him farther off the edge with aerials. Ike is practically a sitting duck out there. If you want to be lazy, if he uses Aether, use counter just above him. Most of the time, if you time it right, he'll fall to his death. Second, either get in an aerial before he does, or wait, cause his bair's good. Maybe walk space for a punish, perhaps.

TheRazaman

Smash Apprentice
If you knock him far enough off stage Ike will have no choice to resort to his >B to come closer to the stage. If you run out there and take the hit he will die.

As for approaching him, just change-up how you do it. Don't always try and come at him via a sh fair. Throw in some empty sh's, or sh air dodge then go at him up close. Also, if you are reasonably sure he's going to bair, just sh counter him then chase.
My one buddy plays a pretty good Ike (and yes his neutral A is the most annoying thing ever in shutting down dash grabs/attacks) but I can regularly 2 stock him if I don't sandbag.

HADOOKEN

Smash Apprentice
THAAANX. i'm ganna go beat on a Link main and his friend the zelda main, PEACE

Top Bottom