• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Spike

walkskyluker115

Smash Apprentice
I was playing brawl as Ike and i accidentally found out an amazing spike. I was playing against Lucas and he was recovering. He was a little above me so I spontaniously decided to use my up-b. Ike threw the sword up, it caught Lucas, Ike grabbed the sword and pulled it down, pulling down Lucas with it. Ike then grabbed the edge because of the sweet spot grab and Lucas couldn't do anything. I easily pulled this off twice during that match. I've never used it against any other characters , but i don't see why it wouldn't work. As long as your opponent is right above you, you have a perfect spike, and if you miss them, you still get the edge!

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
In case you didn't know... his D-tilt and his D-air also spike.. have used all three, included the Aether spike, multiple times against my competitive friends.

comboking

Smash Master
hey fire wulf we have to set up a battle some time I live in SD too and my friend just got Wifi !

your with dues de animus Im with B4BC!

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
In case you didn't know... his D-tilt and his D-air also spike.. have used all three, included the Aether spike, multiple times against my competitive friends.
Also suprisingly enough his neutral-B is a spike, on some characters i can see it being easy to land with, characters recovering straight from the bottom will pretty much get hammered everytime. No need to jump off the hit box of the neutral B not only hits suprisingly high, but also deceivingly low so just stand on the edge. I did it on poke-stadium 1, on falco using up-B to recover, he was coming straight up. I figured it only worked on characters coming straight up because the sweet spot on coming from the side is just to large to land the hit, but coming from the bottom not as good.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Old. Try using it while on the ledge. Aether backwards (away from the edge) and hold towards the edge. You'll come back down and grab the edge backwards. This will meteor them if they are caught in it at anytime.

It still doesn't work well since it's a meteor...

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
hey fire wulf we have to set up a battle some time I live in SD too and my friend just got Wifi !

your with dues de animus Im with B4BC!
Sounds like a plan... we don't have wifi set up yet on our wiis .. we are at college and are poor and have terrible wireless connections.. have to get the LAN adapter. Should have it set up by the 25th hopefully... Let you know later

Top Bottom