• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Mega Bait Tactic

mikeb2010

Smash Apprentice
Its simple. What you do is when someone is anticipating his attack, jump, press back and B-stick forward with Ike. In most cases, this will catch your opponent off-guard if they are eager to attack u. You can more than likely land a Fair or Bair. If they dont go for it initially or they are waiting for it after getting okiedoked with it over and over, you can jump back and Uair. If you wanna go for the gold, try a Fsmash. It may work. Also, with the B-Stick set up, you can get back on the level in a reverse Quick Draw position. Dont know how this tactic may fair against well experienced players but its somethin to try a couple times.

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
You should try doing it with a pseudo-bstick and then post your findings. :) Most characters can do some variation of the b-stick, even without the c-stick set to "b." Either way, the reverse quickdraw sounds pretty sweet. xD

mikeb2010

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. The mechanics of the reverse quick draw is wierd, but cool. While airborne, he actually moves back a lil before charging forward with the attack. By doing so, he leaves about to body spaces between him and his opponent. What is a pseudo b-stick?

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
It's just something I use with a couple characters like marth-you essentially create a b-stick effect without using the b-stick. Marth, for example, can shorthop straight backward and do his shieldbreaker right back to where he was (and likely where you are now, xD) or do his dancing blade while bouncing forward, even though he was sh'ing backward.

forky

Smash Apprentice
There is a weird thing you can do with that which i call "Reverse QD Smahshing" ... which requires you reverse aerial rush a QD over their heads, but don't land it smoothly so you slide, then smash backwards. It has worked once.

When a tactic is this complicated, it's normally a fail tactic :p Even waveshining, while complex to do was a simple thing in itself, shine > shine > shine > shine to push people. You are talking about all sorts of awesome tricky stuff, which *TBH* if you hit with it, looks awesome, but yeah i wouldn't recommend doing it regurarily, but all of us Ike's know that now and again, you jsut go for it. Fmash something and pray to god, so yeah. Why not!

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Well, I never really do it with ike. :( Too punishable. Marth's tricks are actually incredibly useful and opportunities to use them present themselves on a regular basis-it's just the nature of his b-moves. Oh well.

mikeb2010

Smash Apprentice
There is a weird thing you can do with that which i call "Reverse QD Smahshing" ... which requires you reverse aerial rush a QD over their heads, but don't land it smoothly so you slide, then smash backwards. It has worked once.

When a tactic is this complicated, it's normally a fail tactic :p Even waveshining, while complex to do was a simple thing in itself, shine > shine > shine > shine to push people. You are talking about all sorts of awesome tricky stuff, which *TBH* if you hit with it, looks awesome, but yeah i wouldn't recommend doing it regurarily, but all of us Ike's know that now and again, you jsut go for it. Fmash something and pray to god, so yeah. Why not!
Understandable. But in all honesty I dont believe its "seriously" complicated. It sound complicated, but all you're really doing is jumping and b-sticking away from them.

Top Bottom