• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ike-link comparison

iron blade

Smash Ace
alright. almost everyone knows that ike's dair is his "link wannabe". but i want to know, is ike's aerial stab less, more, or equally effective as link's in terms of power and knockback? also, does the fact that he doesn't bounce when he hits enemies like link help or hurt the move?

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
Considering Ike is so much stronger than Link, I'd say it will be much more powerful in terms of knockback and KO potential, I really doubt Sakurai would make a power characters aerial have less knockback than a faster character(though Link isnt too fast himself ;p). Ike's air game 4tw ;p.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
There is the normal move discussion, you don't need to make an entire thread about one move.

As for the properties of Ike's D-air, I just think of it as a downward sex kick. The fact that it doesn't bounce makes the move better for fast-fall and L-canceling (notice I don't say short hop), but you probably won't be able to use it off the edge like Link can.

Top Bottom