• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike feedback :)

Royta

Smash Journeyman
hey all,

I'm kinda new to these boards (joined years ago but never really got active) but since I mained Ike I liked it here :p
So I was wondering if you guys could give any feedback on my ike!

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=ZibfsTa76xY

This is one of the vids we recorder (and as the description said the only one I lost (I KNEW I SHOULDN'T HAVE TAKEN THE GOLDEN COSTUME T_T..)).

But all forms of feedback are welcome, don't hold back! GIVE IT ALL =O

And yes, the ending is awesome ;p I tried to Bair him..but failed horribly and got hit by a round house kick of chuck norris =/

Look forward to da feedback,

Greetz

Royta

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Alright, one thing I noticed in that video was that you used Fsmash one too many times. Not that you shouldn't not use it at all, but you whiffed it out at times where your opponent could've done so much damage in the time. Fsmash is really situational, it can only be used when your opponent has NO CHOICE but to fall into it. Take for example C.Falcon's recovery won't really sweetspot the ledge if done at a hgih altitude, if he wouldn't DI for the ledge and just overshot to the stage, that would be a good time to punish with Fsmash.

Other than that, I didn't notice anything really signifigant as of mistakes, but I'll leave that to somebody else to mention. Just try and use a little less Fsmash in your game, use it not as an attack, but a punisher.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
Used fsmash too much, don't approach with ike, it works out better for you, work on spacing and have a better edge game and your all set

metroid1117

Smash Master
You were sort of sloppy on the first stock, but as the match progressed you wised up. Some things I picked up on:

- Way too much FSmash; 30 seconds into the match and you've already thrown out two, both of which clearly wouldn't have hit (one after a roll and the other when Falcon was too close on the ground; he's too fast to be hit like that).
- Be wary of throwing out unneeded attacks; the two BAirs at 0:31 and 0:33 could've gotten you severely punished.
- You should try jab -> grab more, it would add nicely to your double jab -> double jab trick.
- Be more aggressive when edgeguarding; you can set your C-stick to "Attack" so that you won't fastfall your DAir, allowing you to spike more freely. When edgeguarding Falcon, you should walk-off FAir more like you did on the first stock or walk-off DAir, which is easily done when you switch your C-stick settings.
- Learn when you can punish and with what; there were times when you either missed punishment or could have punished more harshly.
- Whenever you were close by and your opponent was on the edge, he would always edgeattack; you should've caught onto this and punished by jumping over his attack with a FAir or charging Eruption so that the SAF would cover you.

Other than that, you have a good handle on Ike. Just use more variety so that your FAir doesn't get completely degenerated and you'll be set.

Royta

Smash Journeyman
Actually it was 3 Fsmashes I think in 30 seconds...might wanna go for the world record there ;p

But I agree I was very sloppy the first stock but came back into the match. Edgeguarding is indeed still one of my major weaknesses i am afraid, but that advice on the Cstick to "attack" really helped (didn't even know it was possible). Will make me less afraid to use the DAir!
Fsmash is indeed a punisher, bad part is I still need to recognise parts where I can punish. I usually try to predict a roll and Fsmash them to death but that only works now and then.

I'll take al the advice to heart, and I agree with what all you guys are saying! Thanks a bunch =]

Greetz,

Royta

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
If you want to punish people who like to roll around you a better option would be Usmash or Dsmash, they both strike on Ike's side.

Roager

Smash Ace
If you want to punish people who like to roll around you a better option would be Usmash or Dsmash, they both strike on Ike's side.
Truth. Roll spam is very well punished by Usmash.

Really, though, most of what there is to say has already been said. Work on your aerial timings, edgeguarding... dont do so many unnecessary attacks... yeah. Other than that, good.

Also, I'd say spam Fair less and Nair more. but thats just me.

Top Bottom