• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Dair Lag Cancel!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

actmasterkings

Smash Cadet
EVERYONE KNOWS HOW YOU PREVENT THE LAG OF DAIR WITH GANON AND FALCON.WELL IF YOU PRESS ONE OF THE JUMP BUTTONS AND THE ATTACK BUTTON (NEARLY AT THE SAME TIME) YOU CAN STILL JUMP BEFORE HITTING THE GROUND ALLOWING MINDGAMES.I WISH I COULD SHOW YALL BUT I DONT HAVE A CAMERA.

HOW TO PERFORM(IN DETAIL): click the (Y) or (x) button for jump and slide the rest of your thumb down to the (a) button.at this point ike should have his sword out in the air performing the dair and your thumb should be holding both buttons(XorY and A). now press the (x) or (y) button WHILE IKE IS STILL IN THE AIR to double jump without touching ground.

metroid1117

Smash Master
EVERYONE KNOWS HOW YOU PREVENT THE LAG OF DAIR WITH GANON AND FALCON.WELL IF YOU PRESS ONE OF THE JUMP BUTTONS AND THE ATTACK BUTTON (NEARLY AT THE SAME TIME) YOU CAN STILL JUMP BEFORE HITTING THE GROUND ALLOWING MINDGAMES.I WISH I COULD SHOW YALL BUT I DONT HAVE A CAMERA.

HOW TO PERFORM(IN DETAIL): click the (Y) or (x) button for jump and slide the rest of your thumb down to the (a) button.at this point ike should have his sword out in the air performing the dair and your thumb should be holding both buttons(XorY and A). now press the (x) or (y) button WHILE IKE IS STILL IN THE AIR to double jump without touching ground.
This was already known: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-F-gLfK3rQ. The discussion for this took place in this thread (which could be found using the search function and searching for threads with "downair" in the title).

In the future, please specify whether you are instructing the player to full-hop or short-hop; Falcon and Ganon can auto-cancel their DAirs from a short-hop, but for Ike it's simply impossible to auto-cancel it from a short-hop.

Also, this isn't too practical; DAir's hitbox is very narrow and is only one hitbox, so if your opponent shields the attack they can still punish you or hit you from the side if you missed.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Use the search feature please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom