• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Combos

AlmightyBacon

Smash Rookie
My google doc of Ike combo's I made basically copy/pasted to here. Feel free to add your own in the comments

Note: when the text says "it works" it means it's true until that point.

Note: these are by no means all of Ike's combo's and by no means the best ones. They are just what I found in a couple hours of labbing.

From 0%
  1. Dthrow to
    1. fair
      1. 20.1% dmg.
      2. works till 69%
      3. no DI means you can grab/jab right after
        1. @ 0% only. @ 5-20% use ftilt, dash attack above that
    2. Nair
      1. 16% dmg.
      2. works till 61%
    3. Uair
      1. 19.6% dmg.
      2. works till 59%
      3. you can try for some upair juggles afterward with greater success at lower %
  2. Dtilt
    1. to utilt
      1. 24% dmg.
      2. works till 18%
    2. To Aether
      1. 22.8% dmg
      2. I can get it to work up to 55% by takings a step forward or holding left/right during the move.
  3. Falling Nair to dtilt to fair
    1. 30.3% dmg.
    2. Works till 17%
    3. Can be picky depends on where the Nair hitbox connects
  4. Falling Nair to jab 123
    1. 19.2% dmg.
    2. Works up to 24% but starts to lose the first jab which drops damage down to 18%
  5. Falling Nair to grab
    1. Works up to 14% with standing grab
    2. Works up to 30ish % with dash grab
    3. Might not be true, hard to tell by myself because I don't think grabs are counted as part of Combos
    4. May also work with spike Dair instead of Nair

From 5%

1. Dtilt
    1. to fair
      1. 21.3% dmg
      2. Works up to 78ish %
    2. to nair
      1. 17.2% dmg
      2. Works up to 81%
    3. Hard to true at low% gets easier around 30% and hard again around 70%
From 20%

1. Up throw to fair
    1. 20.7% dmg
    2. Works up to 68%
  2. Down throw to bair
    1. 25.2% dmg
    2. Works up to 37%
  3. spike Dair
    1. to jab 123
      1. 30% dmg
      2. Works up to 53% but will lose the first jab and drop dmg down to 27%
    2. To dtilt to fair
      1. 39.3% dmg
      2. Works until 40%

From 25%

1. Up throw to nair
    1. 16.6% dmg
    2. Don't know what it works up to because it's so hard to land…. Not worth going for
From 30%

1. Dtilt to upair
    1. 20.8% dmg
    2. Works up to 44%
  2. spike Dair to uptilt
    1. 32.4% dmg
    2. Works up to 76%
    3. I was standing in front of Mario jump straight up and daired for this combo
    4. Can kill from battlefield top platform at 75

From 55%
  1. Falling Nair to fair
    1. 22.8 dmg
    2. Works up to 100%
    3. At higher % you must fast fall the Nair for it to be true.

From 70%

1. Spike Dair
    1. to fair
      1. 29.7% dmg
      2. Works up to 91%
    2. To nair
      1. 25.6% dmg
      2. Works up to 81%
From 75%

1. Spike Dair to upair
    1. 29.2% dmg
    2. Works up to 85% and will kill off of a battlefield platform

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
i think for this list you might want to use bulleted points instead of numbered points, because numbering game data numbers with numbers is visually confusing and greatly increases difficulty in reading. even alphabetical would be better

Banjobeast158

Smash Apprentice
NNID
banjobeast158
My google doc of Ike combo's I made basically copy/pasted to here. Feel free to add your own in the comments

Note: when the text says "it works" it means it's true until that point.

Note: these are by no means all of Ike's combo's and by no means the best ones. They are just what I found in a couple hours of labbing.

From 0%
  1. Dthrow to
    1. fair
      1. 20.1% dmg.
      2. works till 69%
      3. no DI means you can grab/jab right after
        1. @ 0% only. @ 5-20% use ftilt, dash attack above that
    2. Nair
      1. 16% dmg.
      2. works till 61%
    3. Uair
      1. 19.6% dmg.
      2. works till 59%
      3. you can try for some upair juggles afterward with greater success at lower %
  2. Dtilt
    1. to utilt
      1. 24% dmg.
      2. works till 18%
    2. To Aether
      1. 22.8% dmg
      2. I can get it to work up to 55% by takings a step forward or holding left/right during the move.
  3. Falling Nair to dtilt to fair
    1. 30.3% dmg.
    2. Works till 17%
    3. Can be picky depends on where the Nair hitbox connects
  4. Falling Nair to jab 123
    1. 19.2% dmg.
    2. Works up to 24% but starts to lose the first jab which drops damage down to 18%
  5. Falling Nair to grab
    1. Works up to 14% with standing grab
    2. Works up to 30ish % with dash grab
    3. Might not be true, hard to tell by myself because I don't think grabs are counted as part of Combos
    4. May also work with spike Dair instead of Nair

From 5%

1. Dtilt
    1. to fair
      1. 21.3% dmg
      2. Works up to 78ish %
    2. to nair
      1. 17.2% dmg
      2. Works up to 81%
    3. Hard to true at low% gets easier around 30% and hard again around 70%
From 20%

1. Up throw to fair
    1. 20.7% dmg
    2. Works up to 68%
  2. Down throw to bair
    1. 25.2% dmg
    2. Works up to 37%
  3. spike Dair
    1. to jab 123
      1. 30% dmg
      2. Works up to 53% but will lose the first jab and drop dmg down to 27%
    2. To dtilt to fair
      1. 39.3% dmg
      2. Works until 40%

From 25%

1. Up throw to nair
    1. 16.6% dmg
    2. Don't know what it works up to because it's so hard to land…. Not worth going for
From 30%

1. Dtilt to upair
    1. 20.8% dmg
    2. Works up to 44%
  2. spike Dair to uptilt
    1. 32.4% dmg
    2. Works up to 76%
    3. I was standing in front of Mario jump straight up and daired for this combo
    4. Can kill from battlefield top platform at 75

From 55%
  1. Falling Nair to fair
    1. 22.8 dmg
    2. Works up to 100%
    3. At higher % you must fast fall the Nair for it to be true.

From 70%

1. Spike Dair
    1. to fair
      1. 29.7% dmg
      2. Works up to 91%
    2. To nair
      1. 25.6% dmg
      2. Works up to 81%
From 75%

1. Spike Dair to upair
    1. 29.2% dmg
    2. Works up to 85% and will kill off of a battlefield platform
Thanks for the info! Going to try these in training later. Something to add to the first section: you can do Dthrow to Back air. It does pretty good damage! I see you put it later, does that mean it doesn't work at 0%?

Last edited:

Semako

Smash Cadet
Depending on where the Nair hits, it can combo into itself, then you can follow up with Uair juggles.
Also, Nair links to Fair or Bair until quite high %, I don't know the exact % ranges though.

Last edited:

Ju-Fu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
0000x1
thanks for this ive been trying to figure out some combos.. i mostly been going off of reads after up throw.. quick question ive been playing around with something new im trying.. ive been using my short hop aerials without fast falling and so far its been working for me however im not too sure if this is something i should continue or keep as a mixup.. what are your guys thoughts on this?

h4 Gambiteer

Smash Cadet
Writing Team
Nice, really well organized! I'm really trying to figure out if we have an offstage true combo into aether (something like a nair or grab near the edge of the stage), because that would be amazing to end last-stock situations. I know someone hinted that he had something from nair, but I haven't been able to reproduce....

thanks for this ive been trying to figure out some combos.. i mostly been going off of reads after up throw.. quick question ive been playing around with something new im trying.. ive been using my short hop aerials without fast falling and so far its been working for me however im not too sure if this is something i should continue or keep as a mixup.. what are your guys thoughts on this?
Hmm...imo there's no point in not fast-falling after you've committed to an aerial unless you missed and it looks like your opponent is rushing in. But something like nair cancels so fast that I'm pretty sure even if you whiff, you can quickly dtilt to stop any punish. Fast falling just allows you to do something else faster.

Boo Mansion

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing my fair share of matches and it would seem that nair combos into uair at kill percents. I went into training and did some testing and it does kill Mario on FD around 95%-130%. I have been scoring a lot of KOs with it, so I wanted to contribute. I'm really liking how Ike plays in Ultimate.

Last edited:

Ju-Fu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
0000x1
thanks i am now using full hops instead of short hops with fast falling seems to be working great

IceDragonAether

Smash Rookie
Ike was my secondary in smash 4, but I've been struggling with landing the initial throw combos at lower percents. I've been playing against a friend (Lucas main) who seems able to either evade or air dodge out before my fairs and uairs can reach him. Does anyone have any tips about this? I'm attempting to use the aerial buffer to maximize the frame data on catching him, but are these throws just DI dependent now?

Additionally, I'm not entirely sure of the percent, but around ~60-80% falling sourspot nair usually combos into a fullhop back air which can kill a good deal of the cast.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
D-tilt seems to combo into up angled f-tilt pretty consistently at 0-10. Puts out damage in the ballpark of what we'd get out of a grab anyway.

I'm also surprised it works with b-air now too. I couldn't get that one to work in Smash 4.

I don't know how many nair's you can possibly chain but I've gotten to 4 max. Instead of the fourth n-air, f-air works too. I can't get b-air or u-air to work there but my execution is probably just too slow.

Muramishi

Smash Rookie
With the increase in speed I was hoping for even better combo potential from Ike. I think the removal of footstools hurt him a bit. Anyway, here's a video showing a bit of what he can do.

Ju-Fu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
0000x1
Ike was my secondary in smash 4, but I've been struggling with landing the initial throw combos at lower percents. I've been playing against a friend (Lucas main) who seems able to either evade or air dodge out before my fairs and uairs can reach him. Does anyone have any tips about this? I'm attempting to use the aerial buffer to maximize the frame data on catching him, but are these throws just DI dependent now?

Additionally, I'm not entirely sure of the percent, but around ~60-80% falling sourspot nair usually combos into a fullhop back air which can kill a good deal of the cast.
hmm it kinda sounds more like a consistent issue only thing i can tell you is to practice being consistent with it.. but also you have to keep in mind that ike is a read based/fundamental based character if you notice your opponent is air dodging or avoiding the situation instead try to punish what they do after the throw..

Ju-Fu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
0000x1
im struggling with battlefield :c i know platforms are suppose to be good for ike but.. i feel restricted from the platforms an example would be -trying to punish with a full hop fast fall nair- when i know it would punish but then i fall on the platform.. i find it to be very frustrating and i feel like i would have to play differently working around the platforms.. does anyone have any tips for battlefield?..

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Has anyone tried d-throw + upB? Does 24%. Works till about 64% (hold forward at later %), but you can still get it up til 66% if you do a shorthop forward before upB. This was done with chrom as the target.

Inkling worked until like 62% (with shorthop, tho its tight).

K. Rool worked until around 100%.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
Opponents have been able to DI Dthrow inward so that they're directly above Ike, and DI away pretty far in mid-percents so I've never felt the risk was worthwhile in practice. Is the spinning blade able to catch opponents who DI in?

im struggling with battlefield :c i know platforms are suppose to be good for ike but.. i feel restricted from the platforms an example would be -trying to punish with a full hop fast fall nair- when i know it would punish but then i fall on the platform.. i find it to be very frustrating and i feel like i would have to play differently working around the platforms.. does anyone have any tips for battlefield?..
Are you referring to having an opponent below a platform, and you attempt to punish them only to land on the platform? In such an instance you just have to get used to using a short hop. If you're referring to yourself being on the platform with an enemy below you, platforms are generally not a place you want to linger on unless it's to escape to them or to use them to chase an opponent.

Ju-Fu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
0000x1
Opponents have been able to DI Dthrow inward so that they're directly above Ike, and DI away pretty far in mid-percents so I've never felt the risk was worthwhile in practice. Is the spinning blade able to catch opponents who DI in?

Are you referring to having an opponent below a platform, and you attempt to punish them only to land on the platform? In such an instance you just have to get used to using a short hop. If you're referring to yourself being on the platform with an enemy below you, platforms are generally not a place you want to linger on unless it's to escape to them or to use them to chase an opponent.
yea.. sorry i wasnt being quite clear but that is exactly what im talking about.. alright thanks i'll try to practice being consistent with my short hops

Ju-Fu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
0000x1
i did a thing '-'

i wanna say it was around 18% on.. not sure about weight but i got it on: ganon shulk lucina i forgot who else tbh.. sorry.. anyway i did nair to aethercide near the ledge and they died first not sure if this is true cuz i havent labbed it or anything but i have been cheesing ppl with it on last stock situations

Arrei

Smash Lord
Yeah, Ryuga tweeted about doing that as well. Since Fair is true then Aether should also be true at certain percents, but I think we'd be rather hard pressed to get off the Aethercide all that often. Would have to be some kind of ledge trap scenario at medium percent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom