• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike at GameStop Tourney

blizzard138

Smash Apprentice
Ok, at the gamestop tourney in St. Louis, I used Ike. The first match I faced Mario and wowed everyone just because I knew his move set. The second round I was facing another Ike who I was also owning. The idiot didn't have any idea what he was doing and every time he would attack me I would just block then lag punish him. But for the people who didn't know the rules items were turned on -EXTREMELY GAY- and we had to use the wiimote/nunchuck-EXTREMELY GAY TO-. I had him in the low 120s or so and I was in the mid 60s. All of a sudden, he gets the dragoon and didn't even know wtf to do with it. He randomly shot and hit me and the dragoon is one hit K.O. The kid didn't even know that he won. He was just like WHAT DO I DO WITH IT OMG. What I'm trying to say is the GameStop tourney was probably the worst tourney ever. Items are gay, you people need to realize this.

Zukaza

Smash Apprentice
Yea i got to the semi finals. Owned some decent people along the way. Then i faced a pit... got him to around 90 (just about ready for punishment). Then he got the smash ball. I died. My two friends end up facing each other in the final. Now one of them will be playing the city tourney in San Antonio. I offered to sub for him, i hope its possible :)

Breakman

Smash Rookie
Ah were all the tournaments like this? Cause our gamestop in FL was cool. Default settings and no items. It was sick, only problem is I got this one ****ty map I don't even know what it was called. I felt bad cause the kid fell off and I just dodged him for like a minute and a half.

I guess each store did their own thing? I dunno.

Fonix

Smash Cadet
Well at the tournament at my gamestop you got a random character. They just setup however many random names, and random characters they could, with a random stage.

*sigh* It was rather depressing, especially when I got Diddy Kong. I'm trying to learn a new control scheme, a new character, on a new level(and yes that was significant to this match).

Their reasoning was that it was more fair this way. Heh one guy got ice climbers, and was all upset since he loathed them in melee. He wound up making it to the final 8(I'd say there were about 50 there for the tournament). The guy who won it? His random character was fox. His strategy, survive a minute(they were one minute fights) then when it went to sudden death use Fox's speed to just run up and get the K.O.

This tournament seemed tailored to let 11 and 12 year olds just mashing buttons have a shot at winning.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
the guy who won sounds like a real winner to me

he might not be the most skilled based on the competitive scale, but his ability to adapt will definitely come in handy if he goes for the real competition scene

Wolt

Smash Journeyman
You guys got lucky, my Gamestop didn't have a tournament. Just a long line.

Top Bottom