• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If your interested in seeing what it's like to be banned, watch this video

Magik

Smash Rookie
not the best example. for me in banland it can take 30mins to find sum1

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
not the best example. for me in banland it can take 30mins to find sum1
I get the feeling geographical location might have something to do with it. Because you'd think ban land would be full of people considering how popular smash. So many reports.
So you can only encouter people close by?
I have no idea.

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
Im sure it does have something to do with location. I use to fight only japanese since i play at night and now its been weeks since ive found any japanese

Last edited:

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
Im sure it does have something to do with location. I use to fight only japanese since i play at night and now its been weeks since ive found any japanese
Yeah, I've heard from some people that when they're banned, they fought nothing but Japanese players.
I think it's not a ban land, but ban islands; multiple cells housing different groups. It would explain why I keep running into people days after.

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
I mean, you coukd also try not to get banned instead of complaining about it
The problem isn't the ban. It's the lack of transparency.
The game doesn't tell you that you got banned, it doesn't tell you for how long and it doesn't tell you why.
It's not like when you target a single player or quit a match and the game tells you, as well as how long you have to wait. You can see the timer countdown.

Second, many people are saying that once they are unbanned, they tend to get banned again. One guy said that in less than 24 hours he was banned again despite making the conscious effort to not break any possible rule. He wouldn't even taunt. Nonetheless, he was banned again.

This is leading people to believe that you get this special type of ban by being reported. After a certain number of reports, you're removed from the general population.
And considering that the game doesn't tell you what you got banned for, something tell me it's an automated system. No one is reviewing the report.
So play one too many children online who can't handle losing and you're stuck with a ban.

So yes, I'm going to complain until I know what I got banned for because as far as I know, I didn't break any rules.
I wouldn't use offensive tags. I'd only play 1 v 1. I wouldn't cheat (don't even know how you could). I didn't have an offensive mii. Etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom