• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

if you need help pillaring

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
GREAT way to practice. set your opponent's handicap to 9 and set yours to 1. now your hits wont knock him back and you can pillar him.

i think its still a little faster than if he was shielding but its still great for finger practice

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I was just coming up with ways to practice pillaring too.

I was going to make a very similar thread but I might as well post it here...

You have to have an Action Replay, the Debug Mode code, and a code that will make your opponent invincible (It will usually be called P1 Invincible or P2 Invincible, etc.). Now you can practice pillaring your invincible opponent, it's just pillaring a shield. You can also practice other shield pressure, such as multishining. In Debug mode, you can set your computer opponent to "Stay" and now it's just like training mode, but with c-stick ability. And an invincible opponent :chuckle:

I'm doing it right now, it works like a charm.

I wish I had the ability to make vids, so I could show how awesome it is...

charburner6

Smash Apprentice
I was just coming up with ways to practice pillaring too.

I was going to make a very similar thread but I might as well post it here...

You have to have an Action Replay, the Debug Mode code, and a code that will make your opponent invincible (It will usually be called P1 Invincible or P2 Invincible, etc.). Now you can practice pillaring your invincible opponent, it's just pillaring a shield. You can also practice other shield pressure, such as multishining. In Debug mode, you can set your computer opponent to "Stay" and now it's just like training mode, but with c-stick ability. And an invincible opponent :chuckle:

I'm doing it right now, it works like a charm.

I wish I had the ability to make vids, so I could show how awesome it is...
isnt that the same as putting a contoller in the second slot and setting the stars to very highin vs mode and just get the other character to get a star and start pillaring on the immobile character?

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
I practice pillaring by setting Player 2 to a human Bowser, handicap 9, set the damage ratio to 0.5, then unplug P2's controller, tilt the analog up, then plug it back in (the cube now reads "up" on the analog as cantered, and centering the analog will crouch, thus constant CC). Finally, set your handicap to 1.

You can keep pillaring to about 700%, and Bowser won't budge xD. This works for any shield presure tactics Falco has, including waveshining and doubleshining.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
isnt that the same as putting a contoller in the second slot and setting the stars to very highin vs mode and just get the other character to get a star and start pillaring on the immobile character?
Well not quite, because the immobile character would be CPU controlled, yet not do anything. Plus, that way seems more troublesome, waiting for the next star and stuff. Plus with the AR way, you don't have to keep hearing the star music, and you also get used to the sound of pillaring ^_^

radical00edward

Smash Journeyman
i just practice while i play people, i run tournaments so noobs are plentiful and fun to practice on..

but otherwise i usually make it challenging for myself and play 3 lvl 9s, any characters, and try to get them all in one continuous pillar

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i found an Action Replay code for 'infinite shield' yesterday. i put that in and taped the R button down on the player two remote. just go to hyrule or fourside or something and practice against a wall.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
lol @ gooey things...yeah I do that too whenever I'm on Brinstar. But you have to wait for them to regenerate.

NetteThomson

Smash Journeyman
I use AR inf sheilds and rubberband the R button down for my opponent. It's just a player sitting there with a shield that doesnt go away so you can get the timing down on different characters who have sheilds in different locations.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
I use AR inf sheilds and rubberband the R button down for my opponent. It's just a player sitting there with a shield that doesnt go away so you can get the timing down on different characters who have sheilds in different locations.

lol i taped down the R button on mine :)

Top Bottom